2 piece bat vs. 1 piece bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 24, 2009
Well,I dont know a lot,but the ball seems to jump off a 2 piece better than a 1 piece. 2 piece bats are more flexible.Thats just my honest opinion.

Jan 2, 2011
2-piece bats IMO are now very popular (Demarini,Easton) and seem to be here to stay.They say the major benefit of a 2-piece bat is that it gives more flex to the barrel at the point of contact and, therefore, increases the "trampoline effect". Look at what the majority of all college players are using,they are using 2-piece bats.
1-piece bats IMO are stiffer and have less "trampoline effect"

My DD has two composite bats that she uses. The 2-piece design the ball seems to jump off her bat much more than the 1-piece.
In the end it comes down to what your DD feels more comfortable with.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
My DD bought the 2 piece Demarini EVO, her junior yr. of HS. (2006) It is a great bat, but was also the most expensive that I have ever purchased.

I think that same bat it available for about $80.00 on Ebay.

Jul 26, 2010
Two piece construction allows for a more economical way to vary the stiffness of the handle and the barrel, and this increases performance because flex can be put where needed and stiffness elsewhere. The two pieces also help negate some "sting". In the past, some two piece bats have suffered quality issues but I think this has been addressed the last few years.

-W

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish