17 yr old Haley

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Efastball

I once thought the positive attack posture (head over front hip) was a absolute also. I don’t anymore,

giphy.gif

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
If it works ,it works, but I do not like this position. Look at her back foot. Rather see the weight on the instep and knee inside the line a little. Much rather have Miggy's more balanced launch position.

I agree and it will be something we work on going forward. Last month it was the hips not being level and she’s adjusted them. I appreciate the views and observation.

Jun 8, 2016
As long as your head stays fairly close to being over your belly button as you move out you are good IMO. The angle of a few of those (including the gif of Jayda Coleman) make it hard to determine that. Some can get away with getting their back knee over their back foot in their negative move (looks like Coleman is one of them as is Yelich) and still move out properly..some cannot.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
One thing about the picture, is she isn’t counter rotated in a swing from a pitcher. So we shouldn’t over think a tee swing where hitters counter rotate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan