16u and a lot of work. Humble brag!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2018
In

Notice the lower half of Romero. The back knee is an active part of stretch and transition. Without it drifting can be an issue. But to create lower half load you gotta get the weight ‘back’.
Agreed. I am always telling her that the bottom half needs to explode. "DD you need that load and explode to feel like your back knee is going to come out of the skin." LOL see it 10% of the time and those are the off the fence shots rather than the base hit with it could have been so much more the other 90%. DD says dad it was still a good hit "And why you not giving my credit" LOL. True it was dad shuts mouth.......

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Agreed. I am always telling her that the bottom half needs to explode. "DD you need that load and explode to feel like your back knee is going to come out of the skin." LOL see it 10% of the time and those are the off the fence shots rather than the base hit with it could have been so much more the other 90%. DD says dad it was still a good hit "And why you not giving my credit" LOL. True it was dad shuts mouth.......

With the upper body efficiency she has; Adding some pelvis disassociation will only enhance things. But will also help her get into her legs a bit better. She looks good though! Keep working.

Nov 18, 2018
With the upper body efficiency she has; Adding some pelvis disassociation will only enhance things. But will also help her get into her legs a bit better. She looks good though! Keep working.
Thanks for the feedback and compliment. She will continue to work hard, and I am sure of that.

Oct 2, 2017
I like the thought process a coach and I discussed. Start back so you don't have to get back. Not that it's an absolute way of doing it. It just simplifies the process.

A drill like this can help gain that feeling. All IMO

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
It appears DD is using the lower leg muscles to pick the stride heal up. Notice in post 86 how the rear hip loads when she raises the heal with her thigh muscle.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Hey all been doing step backs as everyday off the tee. and started going to the cage 4 days a week rather than the backyard work that we were doing a majority of the time. I thought her seeing more front toss would only help. Here is some video from this past week lesson.

Control the load, don’t let the front foot plant. Get off the front leg. Hang there keeping the foot from planting.

Judge heard the same stuff get the foot down early. No, keep the foot from planting. Hang there, stretched.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Control the load, don’t let the front foot plant. Get off the front leg. Hang there keeping the foot from planting.

Judge heard the same stuff get the foot down early. No, keep the foot from planting. Hang there, stretched.

Thats because Judge wasn't able to do so without shifting the weight across the pelvis to the lead leg.. Judge would be slow and long if his foot isn't down. We no Rich didn't teach him how to get fyb .

orLqo7b.gif

May 12, 2016
I like her game swing way better, because it is better. There is some drag,

But, yes huge connection issue in the practice swing, no posture, very bad barrel path

I like her game swing way better, because it is better. There is some drag,

But, yes huge connection issue in the practice swing, no posture, very bad barrel path.
That's because the practice swing is rushed, hitting off a machine no doubt

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying