16u and a lot of work. Humble brag!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
If the hands are on the same plane as the ball at contact, you aren't doing it right.
The argument made about these types of demos is that they are just isolating one portion of the swing and then when the lower half/core are added during a regular swing the path will be correct.

I will let others argue about this but I do find it is interesting (in terms how quickly things change) that when I first came on here 6+ years ago, the Braun "drill"

was suggested by a number of people as a way to get DD to learn how to use her hands better and nobody had a negative word to say about it. I have seen Bo Bichette do similar tee work

The "Bonds drill" is similar to these tee drills but with a moving ball and IMO is really just an "advanced" version of playing pepper..

Again I don't want to get into an argument about right or wrong, people need to learn to think for themselves when it comes to these things IMO, just making an observation about changing times..

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
If the hands are on the same plane as the ball at contact, you aren't doing it right.

It’s a demo. He’s explaining how to use the knob. This is kinda funny bc whether it’s demoed this way or like RH below Someone will take it literal and cry foul. I thought it was a good demo to show the hands moving the front shoulder and that is why I posted it. Rickey is showing the same dead front shoulder here. 🤷🏽‍♂️

1661867388338.gif

May 27, 2022
It’s a demo. He’s explaining how to use the knob. This is kinda funny bc whether it’s demoed this way or like RH below Someone will take it literal and cry foul. I thought it was a good demo to show the hands moving the front shoulder and that is why I posted it. Rickey is showing the same dead front shoulder here. 🤷🏽‍♂️

View attachment 26367
Ok. Makes sense. I have seen some hitters talk about it like Ricky is doing thinking that is how they swing, but when you watch them swing against love pitching, it totally different.

Nov 18, 2018
Hey all been doing step backs as everyday off the tee. and started going to the cage 4 days a week rather than the backyard work that we were doing a majority of the time. I thought her seeing more front toss would only help. Here is some video from this past week lesson.

Jun 8, 2016
She is still loading her hands too early. In the step backs make sure she isn't loading until she moves forward.

Also it looks like she is sitting a bit too much in her stance. Spine angle and shin angle should be about same. Maybe have her get a bit more over plate with her upper body.

qCHdbE5.gif

JMO of course :)

What is her instructor having her work on?

Love the hard work. It will pay off!!

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2018
She is still loading her hands too early. In the step backs make sure she isn't loading until she moves forward.

Also it looks like she is sitting a bit too much in her stance. Spine angle and shin angle should be about same. Maybe have her get a bit more over plate with her upper body.

qCHdbE5.gif

JMO of course :)

What is her instructor having her work on?

Love the hard work. It will pay off!!
I apricate the feedback. Yea I think that is where there is disconnect. Instructor wants her tall on the upper half and preaches the knob to the catcher during load which I think in my DD mind means hands back during load. They are not saying that it is wrong so makes it tough.

Jun 8, 2016
I apricate the feedback. Yea I think that is where there is disconnect. Instructor wants her tall on the upper half and preaches the knob to the catcher during load which I think in my DD mind means hands back during load. They are not saying that it is wrong so makes it tough.

With what the instructors are looking for and her setup, this Romero swing might be something to work towards.

0T4Zgp0.gif

Hands do move back during her negative move but they stay near her shoulder.

Nov 18, 2018
With what the instructors are looking for and her setup, this Romero swing might be something to work towards.

0T4Zgp0.gif

Hands do move back during her negative move but they stay near her shoulder.
This is great. I will show my DD this and I think this something she can achieve.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
In
This is great. I will show my DD this and I think this something she can achieve.

Notice the lower half of Romero. The back knee is an active part of stretch and transition. Without it drifting can be an issue. But to create lower half load you gotta get the weight ‘back’.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2