15 year old part 2

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
45 degree snf! Your rear side hip is already leading before you swing. Get coiled around, turn the barrel, and the only thing that can happen (well unless you work hard at rotating the upper...a push) is the rear hip pullin' and sling shoting the swing.

I like this drill, just one to have in the bag for teaching a feeling

SL

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Like I said you dont know how to teach it, or understand how we do it. It is not front heel down, rear heal up, not even close.

SL

View attachment 5336
I don't teach the Elvis but, I do understand how 'you' teach it.
Elbows-knob-box- remember the Elvis move, front foot heel plants, back foot lifts with pressure on the big toe and toe next to it, and Elvis drives the shoulders!

straightleg says:
Like I said you dont know how to teach it, or understand how we do it. It is not front heel down, rear heal up, not even close.
Not trying to start trouble just trying to show that I understand the Elvis and how it is taught.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
View attachment 5336
I don't teach the Elvis but, I do understand how 'you' teach it.

Never seen this before.. I dont teach it this way. I do use the ground up, and pressure from the pad and big toe of the rear foot.
I dont focus at all on front foot heel plant. I am more flexed front knee landing softly.

So no you dont know how I teach it, but I guess you know me better than I do

Just a FYI
If this is something Howard typed and you saved it to your computer, I guess he was trying to explain the matrix to someone. I have watched many a lesson with him, and casey has had many a lesson and he talks about using the pad and big toe to get off the back side , but never heard him say anything about focusing on getting the front foot heel planted.
If he typed this then you would have to pm him for an explanation on this

SL

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Never seen this before.. I dont teach it this way. I do use the ground up, and pressure from the pad and big toe of the rear foot.
I dont focus at all on front foot heel plant. I am more flexed front knee landing softly.

So no you dont know how I teach it, but I guess you know me better than I do

SL

Your right I don't know how you teach it. My mistake but, I do know how Howard C. did teach it. The info is right from him.
I have the hand out from a clinic.
Then if you care to please explain the Elvis move that you keep referring to or is a secret?

Apr 2, 2013
45 degree snf! Your rear side hip is already leading before you swing. Get coiled around, turn the barrel, and the only thing that can happen (well unless you work hard at rotating the upper...a push) is the rear hip pullin' and sling shoting the swing.

Sorry but I have to ask, what is snf? I looked on the boards but cannot figure out what that means??

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Practice loading the hands very slowly until the hip starts to go then no thinking just let it rip.

When the bat is taller the bat will release a little more underneath, it will make you drive more through the ball and the finish of the swing will look and feel better.

SL

I stand by this for the original poster, dont want to hyjack your thread, sorry...

SL

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Sorry but I have to ask, what is snf? I looked on the boards but cannot figure out what that means??

Stretch n Fire.
sf3.gif

http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-hitting-technical/12597-critique-help-series-swings.html

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Your right I don't know how you teach it. My mistake but, I do know how Howard C. did teach it. The info is right from him.
I have the hand out from a clinic.
Then if you care to please explain the Elvis move that you keep referring to or is a secret?

What clinic did you attend to get this information?
Did you meet Howard?

SL

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves