15 year old bat size.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Challenged acepted and I failed.

I have a heck of a time finding out what size bats players are using. When I put more effort into it a few years ago there were a handful of top hitters using a 32".

Brand player uses is easy to find out, size is difficult.

Feb 1, 2021
Each player is different, some 5'2" girls can handle a 33 fine, some 5'6" girls can't. It's not an absolute. Advising somebody to move up bat sizes without even seeing the kid swing a bat is not the best advice IMO. Let her have a swing with a few different size bats, listen to her and see what feels right to her.
If you are referencing my comment, I did say 'assuming she has a good swing'. I don't feel I'm putting myself out on a limb though based on the OPs comments. A 5'6 player with the motor skills to hit well with a 32" Xeno bat is going to be fine with a 33" bat.

Ironically, I actually don't feel taking a few swings just to see what happens is the best thing. You have to give it a few weeks. Whatever it feels like on day one is going to feel much different on day 25 regardless if it is the right bat or not.

Feb 1, 2021
Challenged acepted and I failed.

I have a heck of a time finding out what size bats players are using. When I put more effort into it a few years ago there were a handful of top hitters using a 32".

Brand player uses is easy to find out, size is difficult.
No worries. I took my own challenge and also failed.

May 12, 2016
If you are referencing my comment, I did say 'assuming she has a good swing'. I don't feel I'm putting myself out on a limb though based on the OPs comments. A 5'6 player with the motor skills to hit well with a 32" Xeno bat is going to be fine with a 33" bat.

Ironically, I actually don't feel taking a few swings just to see what happens is the best thing. You have to give it a few weeks. Whatever it feels like on day one is going to feel much different on day 25 regardless if it is the right bat or not.
Most people don't want to spend 400 only to find out on day 25 its the wrong size. It's all good :)

Feb 1, 2021
Most people don't want to spend 400 only to find out on day 25 its the wrong size. It's all good :)
Certainly agree on that point. No doubt about it. The confidence in my answer certainly takes that into account. I may be new here to this forum, but I'm an "old grey beard". I've been around this block enough times to know what comes next.

I've been accused of being an LS fanboy which couldn't be further from the truth. But again based on the OPs comments, if you want to 'dip a toe in', you can go with the RXT. It's going to 'swing' lighter than a Xeno but is still red hot.

May 12, 2016
Certainly agree on that point. No doubt about it. The confidence in my answer certainly takes that into account. I may be new here to this forum, but I'm an "old grey beard". I've been around this block enough times to know what comes next.

I've been accused of being an LS fanboy which couldn't be further from the truth. But again based on the OPs comments, if you want to 'dip a toe in', you can go with the RXT. It's going to 'swing' lighter than a Xeno but is still red hot.
You don't have to prove your creds to me, I truly value your opinion just as much as the next person :). With that being said, my own DD at 11 was swinging an old Worth Legit Lite 31/19 and she was swinging it well. Based on her size (she was mature and a bigger 11 year old) and weight we moved up to 31/21 Worth Legit(The red hot orange version) which was an Oz over sticker I believe. She struggled swinging that bat for half of the season, trouble adjusting to off speed, balls off the hands etc. She was also stubborn and wanted to keep using the bat even though I knew something was wrong. Before the year end tournament I purchased her a Demarini CF8 31/20 which was very close or a little less than sticker weight. She was completely a different hitter, not even close, Top hitter of her championships. For those who say it's the Indian, not the arrow. That's not always the case. This day and age, there is no need for people to guess about bat sizes. Hopefully you can demo a bat, let her have a feel for it, do your eye test. If no demo is available there should be many 15 years olds on her team swinging the size you want to move her up to... I'd imagine they would have no prob letting her test.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06