Demarini FNX

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2015
DD is 15 and a sophomore. 5ft 6 120lbs. Slim, athletic runs under 2.7 but hits from the right side with a fair amount of power. Plays high level travel year round and HS ball in the spring so lots of swings. Really really likes her demarini FNX in 33/23, but I see they are being discontinued. The thing is a tank and we have 2 that are over a year old. One for cages with the dreaded machine balls and 1 for live hitting. Im not into paying over market price so looking for something to try over the winter. Thinking of the new meta from LS. Heard it swings on the light side so thinking of 33 drop 9 instead. For whatever reason she hates the feel of the ghost and I hate the durability so that works for me. Any thoughts in the meta x?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Nov 15, 2019
DD swings the FNX 33/23 and loves it. She had a chance to demo the Meta 33/24 at a tournament this weekend and still felt like it was a light swinging bat and more of a balanced feel. We have 2 FNX's but thinking of trying to grab a couple more while we can.

Last edited:
May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
Very similar to the FNX, but the Meta only has a slight end load. The Meta has a softer connection piece and yes does weigh right on sticker from the ones I have seen. DD is well over 3k cuts and she is still loving it.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
DD is also a sophomore, swings a 34/-10. Trying to get ahead of the problem of her absolute favorite bat being cancelled, I purchased a Meta X. DD pulled the brand spanking new bat about 1/3 of the way out of the box, looked at the handle and begining part of the Louisville logo and proclaimed, "I will NEVER, EVER swing that bat".

Haha, not exactly the response I was hoping for. Probably going to have to buy a FNX or two.

Jun 27, 2018
Over the years my DD swung the Dimarini CF6, Easton Ghosts and LS Xeno and Lxt. Her favorite was the first Ghost, followed by the Xeno. She ditched Easton and is back to the Xeno in college. She said all the Ghosts after the blue/gray ghost were underwhelming. I might pick up a meta at some point and have her try it. She hasn’t swung a Dimarini in years. I’d be curious to see her swing one now but I don’t know which model would fit her best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 19, 2021
Man when I was a kid, my selection process went like this. My dad brought home a bat, threw it to me, and said "Here's your bat". Now we got kids dismissing bats because they don't feel right or just after looking at the handle. Lol.................

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
Man when I was a kid, my selection process went like this. My dad brought home a bat, threw it to me, and said "Here's your bat". Now we got kids dismissing bats because they don't feel right or just after looking at the handle. Lol.................

I used a wood bat at first in LL!

Now you kids get off my lawn!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802