14yo LL Player sued by coach for celebration

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 11, 2012
He obviously didn't have health insurance and is looking for someone to pay his medical bills. I bet this guy never realized his lawsuit was going to get publicity. Lawsuits are public record and when someone finds something as absurd as this one, it will get publicity. In fact, this one is probably going to go viral especially since a lot of people in that Sac/Roseville area are on here and have now seen it. I feel bad for his kids. You know kids at school will be asking them about this stupid lawsuit.

Apr 11, 2012
His attorney is in Santa Ana (So Cal) because I bet no local attorney (in NorCal) wanted to deal with this. Funny, I'm in law school and one of our test questions was a baseball player getting in an argument with a base umpire near the baseline and then in anger, throwing his helmet into the ground with such force that it bounced up and into the stands hitting a spectator and injuring her. Answer to test question was unlikely to be found liable because flying helmets, bats & balls are an inherent risk of being at a baseball game. If that's true for a spectator, not much hope for a coach on the field.

Aug 31, 2011
Jawja
I know our local LL carries insurance on every player and coach, if an accident happens in their facility, LL insurance picks up whatever your personal insurance doesn't cover.

I thought that was a Little League International rule, but maybe not?

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
I know our local LL carries insurance on every player and coach, if an accident happens in their facility, LL insurance picks up whatever your personal insurance doesn't cover.

I was thinking the same thing with LL insurance, that's why LL's are supposed to have it insurance!

Dec 12, 2013
B.C. Canada

Our area too. We are all covered by the league insurance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00