13u daughter

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 8, 2014
She's only played softball "recreationally" the past 3 years- local little league.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2013
A couple of areas for improvement.

- while she has a good bat angle to start, she drops the barrel behind her causing a flat bat into the hitting zone. She needs to maintain that bat angle to the ball.

- her arms "upside down V" collapses when she starts her swing. Notice how her forearms are a lot closer together at point of contact than they were at the setup. She needs to maintain the gap between her arms throughout the swing.

She seems athletic and attacks the ball. I would focus on only 1 or 2 things and take a long term approach to improvement.

Just my 2 cents.

Apr 8, 2014
A couple of areas for improvement.

- while she has a good bat angle to start, she drops the barrel behind her causing a flat bat into the hitting zone. She needs to maintain that bat angle to the ball.

- her arms "upside down V" collapses when she starts her swing. Notice how her forearms are a lot closer together at point of contact than they were at the setup. She needs to maintain the gap between her arms throughout the swing.

She seems athletic and attacks the ball. I would focus on only 1 or 2 things and take a long term approach to improvement.

Just my 2 cents.

Thank you so much. I did definitely notice a collapse there. We will work on both a little at a time. Very much appreciated.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors