13 yr old hitting video

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
14U batting

Love to find a good batting instructor ... we are searching. They all teach different stuff .. gets confusing.

We have time constraints as well .... three playing soccer, one softball .. hard to find an open time slot in our life!

Batting coach and practice is something we do plan to work after tryouts ...
until then we do what we can from here.

Thanks!

May 25, 2008
Pickerington Ohio
Letting the ball come deep/avoiding pushing the hands foward thus delaying whip on inside pitches.

MPEG4 8 of 16, Fastpitch

Photo 10 of 16, Fastpitch Notice the scap load/hand load back and the timing of shoulder rotation relative to heel plant here vs what your DD is doing.

Photo 14 of 31, Analysis

And like this on the outside. I'd really like you to look at this one and compare it to your DD on the arm action. Maybe one of the video champs on here will work you up a side by side clip synced to contact. Photo 6 of 16, ULL vs. UNT

MarkH, I have a question regarding the last clip you reference, the ULL vs. UNT. One action I have notice in all the clips in this series is how the batters do not roll their wrists after contact. In this series the batters seem to hold the hands in the palm up, palm down position well past contact. I assume this is something taught by their coach. Is this the arm action you are referring to? Do you think this is a good move or do you prefer to see the wrists roll over after contact? If this is not the arm action you want five potsogold to see, what is it? Just curious.

May 12, 2008
The coach at ULL doesn't have a problem with a standard follow through. In some cases he has found if he lets them follow through everything else breaks down so it's a little trick he uses when he feels it necessary till a hitter has the mechanics he wants down solid.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06