12YO DD has a D1 coach looking at her!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 12, 2010
Oregon
"Looking at her" in the literal sense......

I figure this is a close as she'll ever get, so I'll save and frame this one!!

Sam_Mike.jpg

Extra points if anyone knows who this D1 head coach is........ 12A tourney this weekend, DD playing third base.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2008
On serious note .. the glittery headband is a great idea. Coaches all talk at clinics/camps and it's very easy to recognize and discuss the players that stood out in some way. "Hey anybody have that girl with the white softball t-shirt in their grou?" "Yeah about 10 of them." "Me too all of mine had white softball shirts on" as opposed to "Anyone have that girl in their group with the pink glitter head band?" "I did and she hustled everywhere." "I did and she killed the ball." "I did and she made a great catch after a long run."

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Very good picture. And what I noticed about her immediately are the Ringors. At first I thought they were turfs, but maybe not.

Apr 12, 2010
Oregon
That is Mike White, University of Oregon, in the 3rd base coaches box. And no, he's not looking "at" her, just in her direction, LOL.

Ringor cleats, pitching toe. Definitely NOT the lightest cleats, but by far the toughest out there, and well worth it for her. Almost all players on the team wear them. Helps that Ringor corporate headquarters is less than 30 minutes away!

Good point on the headband......but one of the parents bought all the players the same headband :-}

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
With the glittery head band thing--I love them but refuse to buy one just to wear to practice in or whatever. We are not allowed to wear them for Varsity games, against the rules because it is a distraction. Not sure about other associations however.

Jul 28, 2008
That is Mike White, University of Oregon, in the 3rd base coaches box. And no, he's not looking "at" her, just in her direction, LOL.

Ringor cleats, pitching toe. Definitely NOT the lightest cleats, but by far the toughest out there, and well worth it for her. Almost all players on the team wear them. Helps that Ringor corporate headquarters is less than 30 minutes away!

Good point on the headband......but one of the parents bought all the players the same headband :-}

And that would also explain the swoosh on the coaches feet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad