12U Pickup Eligibility and ASA JO

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2013
Hi there. New to the site and not sure where to post this.

Our 12C(Yes C, lol) team who plays in ASA sanctioned tournaments has our final summer tourney this weekend. Our league's 12B team finished up a few weeks ago. We will be holding tryouts again in a few weeks for our Fall B&C teams. The C's consist mainly of competitive 11yo from rec.

That being said our team may be a player or 2 short for some of our Pool Play games this weekend, and I wanted to know would a player or two from our 12B team be eligible to play or be added to our roster for this tournament per ASA rules? It is a C classified pool group, however for pool play there are some B teams mixed in, who will have their own bracket after pool play(guess they couldn't find enough B teams for tournament). Would that make a difference anyhow with adding these 2 players to our roster?

I've reached out to the powers that be in our district but haven't heard back yet. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
Ok, I'll give this a shot:

Here in SoCal, our 12u C-District team qualified for the state tournament. Our 14u team didn't. There were two girls on the 14u team that were 12u age-eligible (born in 2000). We were NOT allowed to "bring them down" for the state tournament since they had been on the 14u roster for the district tournament. That was for ASA championship play. I think that's the distinction. We could have gone on to play any of the other local and not-so-local tournaments and we could have taken them with us, since they are only concerned with verifying age. I know a B-District team that did that (brought girls that were age-eligible down from the 14u team to the 12u team to go play non-ASA Championship 12u tournaments).

Just to be clear, that is my opinion. Your best bet would be to contact the tournament director and ask.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs