11 year old picking up bad habits?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 19, 2019
Hoping I can some feed back. These videos were taken this week and not sure how long she has been doing this now. Her arm is going over her head..I'm afraid she will injure her shoulder. She is throwing a fastball in the videos. Her glove flys too alot.
We are going to try the helmet noodle that Rita Lynn shows for correcting arm circle, but also think she is not getting open near enough, as her PC has been saying as well. Any drills that someone has that can be shown for getting open and arm circles? any other critique would be appreciated. To be honest I am not sure if flying glove, getting open and cirxle all contribute to this..if fixing one more than the other will more fall in line? Pitching 2 years. Thanks for any help!

Nov 8, 2018
Hoping I can some feed back. These videos were taken this week and not sure how long she has been doing this now. Her arm is going over her head..I'm afraid she will injure her shoulder. She is throwing a fastball in the videos. Her glove flys too alot.
We are going to try the helmet noodle that Rita Lynn shows for correcting arm circle, but also think she is not getting open near enough, as her PC has been saying as well. Any drills that someone has that can be shown for getting open and arm circles? any other critique would be appreciated. To be honest I am not sure if flying glove, getting open and cirxle all contribute to this..if fixing one more than the other will more fall in line? Pitching 2 years. Thanks for any help!

Any video? That would be a huge help. There are things you can do but to see it will be a big help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 8, 2018
can you open these?

CU from behind

Nance. Check these pics. Notice something. ?
615589b06527d1e4e22d2ab47be1b376.jpg

2b0009cd34f9e5d0aff50a6e2ec806dc.jpg

Her arm is away from the body as it comes thru from backswing.
It’s doo g that because she is coming behind the back slightly and not staying on the Power line.
As the arm passes the thigh on an outward trajectory she then pulls it behind her head to compensate.
Do some dry drive drills where the main focus is the arm going back straight and going forward straight.
Then work on slingshot it show it drills to force the arm on the power line.
Let us know how it goes.

Mar 19, 2019
Nance. Check these pics. Notice something. ?
615589b06527d1e4e22d2ab47be1b376.jpg

2b0009cd34f9e5d0aff50a6e2ec806dc.jpg

Her arm is away from the body as it comes thru from backswing.
It’s doo g that because she is coming behind the back slightly and not staying on the Power line.
As the arm passes the thigh on an outward trajectory she then pulls it behind her head to compensate.
Do some dry drive drills where the main focus is the arm going back straight and going forward straight.
Then work on slingshot it show it drills to force the arm on the power line.
Let us know how it goes.

Thank you I will look those up..she actually just started coming too far behind back in the last couple months.
Does her open position look ok?

Nov 8, 2018
Thank you I will look those up..she actually just started coming too far behind back in the last couple months.
Does her open position look ok?

Open position looks good imo. I do think she is opening a bit early. In the forward video as soon as her globe hand goes strait she is turning. The foot too. Some would say she is ahead of her legs some as well as she is way past 3 o’clock at rubber detachment. But, having said that her timing at the end is fine.
Fix the arm circle
By Getting her arm on the power line. Arm should stay close to the hip.

Mar 19, 2019
Open position looks good imo. I do think she is opening a bit early. In the forward video as soon as her globe hand goes strait she is turning. The foot too. Some would say she is ahead of her legs some as well as she is way past 3 o’clock at rubber detachment. But, having said that her timing at the end is fine.
Fix the arm circle
By Getting her arm on the power line. Arm should stay close to the hip.

Thank you! we will be doing these drills today. Ive seem the slingshot drill before. Yesterday she did alot of swinging K drills I found online as well. Glad something looked good🙃feels like one thing after another and she's only 11!
I think a good arm circle will help improve some key problems Just my thought..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying