11 year old picking up bad habits?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 8, 2018
Thank you! we will be doing these drills today. Ive seem the slingshot drill before. Yesterday she did alot of swinging K drills I found online as well. Glad something looked goodfeels like one thing after another and she's only 11!
I think a good arm circle will help improve some key problems Just my thought..

It’s a process don’t stress out. My dd does the same thing. As soon as I stop watching she changes something unknowingly.
It happens. You’re daughter looks athletic and talented. I’m sure she will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 4, 2018
Curious why she's bending the arm so much on the pre/backswing. Keep it straight there and perhaps it gets to a better position at 12 o'clock.

Sep 29, 2014
As everyone is saying for her arm circle fix is going to be KEY.

She has it exactly backwards unfortunately she has a bent arm at 3 o'clock and a straight arm at 9'oclock first two pics :(

I think she understands the concept of keeping her arm bent but some how wasn't taught proper sequence, straight arm is just fine all the way until 12 o'clock when the slight bend should start, when her arm is bent it is bent too much. Looks like she also turns the ball at 12 o'clock into a hand behind the ball position then back again, really need to get the concept of pulling the ball down versus pushing it. She also starts by putting the ball out away from her body then overhead she crosses her body and has it behind her head this should be a straighter line. Not a big fan of the wall drill but it might help here

Her drive looks pretty good but she should get rid of the false load at the beginning she loads then completely comes out of her load then pitches should be only one down a little load then one forward motion the drive does look strong though but always room for improvement.

bent3.JPGstraight 9.JPGoffcircle.JPGoffcircle2.JPG

Mar 19, 2019
Curious why she's bending the arm so much on the pre/backswing. Keep it straight there and perhaps it gets to a better position at 12 o'clock.

View attachment 15276
We think it is because she used to come back straight and far up and came across her back too much so now she bends it to stop it? But it is a constant battle..
I got her the throw max arm brace that can be used for pitching to stop the bend. Just telling her to do it has not been working because she cant feel it.

Oct 4, 2018
I'm no longer a fan of the wall drill, but loved it when my DD just didn't get the concept of the arm circle being on a vertical plane.

^ No, I didn't use the term "vertical plane" with my 9 year old.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12