11 year old in travel ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 11, 2013
If you find a mostly 04 team you will be in the same boat next year looking for a new team. You need to find a team where the coaches will make them
better players and where she can be a 1 or 2 pitcher. For me I think the perfect team would be an 05 team with many a couple of 04 players who can
help the younger kids with their experience. The next couple of years development is way more important than winning.

Nov 4, 2015
[MENTION=12126]GoCaboNow[/MENTION] and @ canyonjoe -- thanks for the input. this is the route i'd prefer to go and will keep looking. In an area where there are a couple of 12u teams close, but they will be mixed in age. I believe i can find 11u, but they will be about an hour away and don't know if DD's skill level will match with these organizations yet. Will keep you posted.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My DD is a year older than yours (04), playing on a 12U TB team with the core being 04 players. We currently have a few 03s on the team, and they will be leaving us to play 14U in August. We have been with the team for a little over a year, moving from 10U to 12U last fall. Part of finding a team that was a good fit for my DD included it being a team she could continue to develop and move with as they age up, rather than having to find a new team every year. It will be a bummer to lose the talents of our 03s, and they leave some big holes to fill, but they have been good mentors for the development of our 04s.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi