11 DD bat drag help (video)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2013
so FFS what is the goal here. yesterday we worked on "driving the rear hip foward." i still dont think she quite understand shes spinning on her back foot. I tried a drill with half a tennis ball on the inside of her rear toe. and had her concentrate on driving the backside foward by moving it with her toe in her swing. Any ideas on things I can do.
On occasion, and unfortunately all too frequently, folks make a wrong 'turn' (pun intended) when they have the wrong goal wrt to rotation.

Mar 5, 2014
Not sure I'd want to throw Yeager's ideas on the lower body and how/when rotation occurs out there as gospel. Every swing clip from students of his that I've seen have all been very much shift THEN swing. They all leap out on their front foot much too early.

Mar 5, 2014
well jeff you got any ideas.

The inner thighs have to scissor together. She has to learn how to do this. I think early on while they are still learning, it's best to work quite a bit without a bat so that the lower body can be their sole focus. The broomstick drill would work having her finish with the thighs scissored together like the pictures below.

We have our hitters in the offseason throw medballs loaded from their rear hip throwing on an upwards angle into the back of the cage. I think this works better than throwing them straight into the wall because it makes them stay behind their front leg like they should in their actual swing.

I'd probably do some backwards chaining with her as well. Have her start into the postion Manny, Albert, and Miggy are in, work backwards to pre-launch and slowly come back to starting point.

MannyRamirez_HRoutofPark.jpg

Miguel+Cabrera+St+Louis+Cardinals+v+Detroit+ejJisHKn0p_l.jpg
111024_Albert_Pujols_opt.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quickpitch