10yo Maddie

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I would focus on the hand usage
tumblr_ntvc34p9kb1usf292o1_400.gif

and how they differ....
BrookeMissingFrames.gif

in their paths.

I got Maddie to look at the video comparisons to Brooke last night, and we discussed these two clips, in particular. She is able to see the differences in hand path, which is a good sign. Getting her to change her movement pattern, however, is always the challenge.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I am aware. Thanks. This is definitely something she does differently when working on the tee compared with moving pitches (game swing on page 60).

I see what you mean. It appears as though she likes to have her chin close to her front shoulder. I see it in the game swing. Then on the tee swing, even though her head is facing a different direction, she still has the chin near the front shoulder.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I got Maddie to look at the video comparisons to Brooke last night, and we discussed these two clips, in particular. She is able to see the differences in hand path, which is a good sign. Getting her to change her movement pattern, however, is always the challenge.

Look at how the hands move in the area of the rear shoulder. One hand set 'stays' in the area of the rear shoulder/armpit. While another set of hands moves towards the ball out then down. Just trying to help with what I see as another dad with a DD that is in the 'process'.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
The 2 movement patterns aren't compatible. If you're trying to match Brooke's actions
Put yourself inside her skin and try to create the stretch and pulse actions without using the rear leg/hip as the driver..

BrookeMissingFrames.gif
tumblr_ntvc34p9kb1usf292o1_400.gif

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Look at how the hands move in the area of the rear shoulder. One hand set 'stays' in the area of the rear shoulder/armpit. While another set of hands moves towards the ball out then down. Just trying to help with what I see as another dad with a DD that is in the 'process'.

Your clip comparison made the differences in hand path very clear. Clear enough for Maddie to see it for herself. It was very helpful input. Thanks!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
The 2 movement patterns aren't compatible. If you're trying to match Brooke's actions
Put yourself inside her skin and try to create the stretch and pulse actions without using the rear leg/hip as the driver.

No one said they are compatible/similar. The clip comparison highlights the differences, and provides great info on things to work on.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I see what you mean. It appears as though she likes to have her chin close to her front shoulder. I see it in the game swing. Then on the tee swing, even though her head is facing a different direction, she still has the chin near the front shoulder.

Hmmm...I hadn't noticed that detail. Something to keep in mind as we move forward. Thanks.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
No one said they are compatible/similar. The clip comparison highlights the differences, and provides great info on things to work on.

Both movement patterns will work.. My point is one should look at a similar movement pattern when making comparisons.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
My point is one should look at a similar movement pattern when making comparisons.
To me the swing gifs are 'similar'(having a likeness or resemblance, especially in a general way) that was the reason for the comparison.

Originally Posted by TDS
Put yourself inside her skin and try to create the stretch and pulse actions without using the rear leg/hip as the driver.
Can you explain the bold above further. I don't think that is even possible to ' create the stretch and pulse actions without using the rear leg/hip as the driver'.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I see Eric's daughter using the rear leg /hip as the driver of the sequence. IOW's her feel sensor being there allows for the current movement pattern.. That particular swing of Brooke's IMO allows for the core to control the sequence. The feel sensor which is core driven allows for her rear leg/hip to be the supporter of the core actions.

Like I said both patterns work but the sequence of movements (cause/effect) are different..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clawdog