10yo Maddie

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
tumblr_nokkp9oMkl1usf292o1_400.gif

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Good barrel path Eric. Bet she squares up a lot of balls. IMO work on stretch in the rear hip and a rear hip pivot point. Very good swing already though.

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
Good barrel path Eric. Bet she squares up a lot of balls. IMO work on stretch in the rear hip and a rear hip pivot point. Very good swing already though.

Thanks, RHC.

Maddie has just made the transition from rec to TB, and I was worried that the increase in pitching speed would be a problem for her, but it hasn't been at all. She has been making contact consistently, and is hitting the ball hard a majority of the time. Her swing continues to improve in suddenness and efficiency.

Things I see...
She needs maintain the V in her rear arm a little longer, and tighten up the HPP, but I'm seeing signs of improvement in the right direction. I agree that her hip coil could be better. When she remembers to start early and slow, the coil tends to be better. This swing was not the best example of early and slow. She could also resist/pull back with the hands a little longer to improve the stretch.

I'll look back and see where she started.

The only thing I'm going to say now is she looks mechanical. Which might just be a transitional phase from where she started.

I'm not seeing "mechanical"...but maybe my perspective is skewed.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877