10U roster size

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
We are 14u with 13 on the roster, and we have two hurt and one sick for this weekend. So we have 10 girls, but one is really a "pitcher only". And we play 4 100 minute games in a row tomorrow. This should be interesting....

They are young, I wouldn't worry about them tiring. Now if it was my old butt out there, by the 3rd game there would be a new position on the field called lawnchair LF.

Jun 12, 2015
We are 14u with 13 on the roster, and we have two hurt and one sick for this weekend. So we have 10 girls, but one is really a "pitcher only". And we play 4 100 minute games in a row tomorrow. This should be interesting....

I bet they'll be fine. We only have 10 on our 12U team. We've played I think 2 of our 4 spring tournaments with 9. It's stressful hoping everyone makes it but so far they have. We've tried to get up to 12 but 06s are slim pickin's and we really don't want any 05s.

Apr 16, 2013
We're at 9 on our team, 14u. Coach is looking for a 10th, but will only accept a high level player. We're a good A team. He apparently has good relationships with lots of teams and players. We had one girl with an injured finger and was able to pick up a good player for both a scrimmage day and the one tournament we've played so far. She's cleared to play now but was told we have a good pitcher joining us this coming weekend for a big tournament. The girls get a lot of playing time though!

Apr 24, 2017
Georgia
I bet they'll be fine. We only have 10 on our 12U team. We've played I think 2 of our 4 spring tournaments with 9. It's stressful hoping everyone makes it but so far they have. We've tried to get up to 12 but 06s are slim pickin's and we really don't want any 05s.

They did fine, although not having depth for the weekend hurt a little. No subs for when we needed them situationally. We went 3-2 for the weekend. Not as good as we would have liked, but still a solid outing. It was just a round robin. Everyone got plenty of playing time though!

Jun 8, 2016
A player moved out of state, down to 9...:rolleyes:

Girl didn't end up moving..not sure how that happens but back to 10. Of course one of the pitchers sprained an ankle and is on crutches but luckily next tourney isn't for a few weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi