10u Pitcher Scared of Bigger Girls

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 27, 2014
My pitcher was hit with a line drive by a girl that is big for her age and much bigger than my pitcher. My pitcher now only wants to throw outside pitches to big girls no matter there skill level. She is a very consistent strike thrower and can hit spots. But she sometimes ignores my sign to throw a pitch away from a big batter. What can I do to help her get over her fears?

Jan 22, 2011
How long ago did this happen? I had a pitcher hit by a line-drive early last July and she threw 1 strike in the 4 games she pitched after that the rest of the summer. She did so-so in fall ball, took until rec started up this spring to get back to her old self.

Aug 8, 2010
She is safer to throw inside. Let the 3rd baseman deal with it, lol. But seriously, a lot of 10U hitters have casting problems and struggle with pitches on the inside. Pitches on the outside black will get hit right back at you a lot more.

Jul 15, 2015
My advice would be to let her throw outside. I would also cherry pick who she throws against. I try to treat my pitchers like prize fighters. If she is struggling after getting hit bring her back slowly. I would be throwing her against teams she can dominate. Build her back up. When she is ready, she is ready.

Jul 15, 2015
She is safer to throw inside. Let the 3rd baseman deal with it, lol. But seriously, a lot of 10U hitters have casting problems and struggle with pitches on the inside. Pitches on the outside black will get hit right back at you a lot more.

This is very true and why I would be careful with who I pitch her against.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild