10U Catchers Gear

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 21, 2015
Anyone have thoughts on catchers gear for a 10U team? We need one new set this fall and money is fairly tight. Was thinking of piecing together a set from various online site discount sections. Does anybody have any suggestions for what I should be looking for and where I might be able to find it for a good price? Thanks in advance.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
The challenge with doing that is that players are not all one size, and poorly-fitting equipment can be limiting and/or expose players to increased chance of injury.

Jul 21, 2015
The challenge with doing that is that players are not all one size, and poorly-fitting equipment can be limiting and/or expose players to increased chance of injury.

Yeah, agree. But you have to do what you have to do when funds are limited. The girls who'll be catching are pretty close in size though.

Sep 27, 2015
My daughter has the Easton Stealth catchers gear currently. She loves it but is ready for an upgraded set now as she practices year round and is hard on her equipment. She's tried Under Armor, Lewisville, and Wilson now (other catchers last weekend we're kind enough to let her try on their gear) but she said she prefers her Easton set. They have affordable starter sets, up to expensive ones for older girls.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
My DD started with the Easton Stealth set as well. It has held up better than I expected and we are having to look for a bigger set now. She is having a hard time deciding on the higher end stuff because her Stealth set was so comfortable and light weight.

Jul 21, 2015
So, I think I can put together a set with Easton Mako shin guards, Schutt S3 chest protector, and Under Armour Victory helmet for about $110. Thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DDubyah