Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2019
1st amendment should apply here is the point. The members here can easily call BS on any post as has been done for years.
So let it appy here and it will weed itself out is the point.

And to your point, the 1st amendment is about protection from government restrictions........so DFP is now the government? Asinine statement.

The point being made about the first amendment not applying is the exact opposite of ‘so DFP is now the government?’ The first amendment prohibits congress from making laws abridging freedom of speech. It does not prohibit discussion forum rules limiting freedom of speech regarding a given topic. Just like it doesn’t prohibit other members of a forum taking care of unwanted responses. Speech can be limited or have consequences almost anywhere, just not by congress. Claiming we have first amendment rights here is actually what implies DFP is now the government

That said, I didn’t see the discussions and have no idea if they simply get ugly every time, giving reason to limit them from this forum. I figure something like that must be the case for this topic to be banned. Perhaps there is a member or are members for whom this is very personal and they have been genuinely mistreated and enough is enough. But if a discussion on this issue can be civil, I agree it should be allowed to come up organically.

My .02, despite being a newb/lurker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 11, 2010
I’ll say it another way: The Constitution protects you from government intrusion. Simply put: DFP ain’t the G. It’s their site and they can moderate anything they want and prevent any topic from being discussed that they want to.

They can also ban anyone they want. No one has a “right” to be here. A great example was a former longtime poster in the hitting forums that apparently knew what he was talking about but could be a complete jerk. I forget what it was about- but he pushed and pushed and wouldn’t let up. Gone. No recourse, no due process. This site is not required to provide a forum for anyone in any way.

This power keeps this place decent. Without that, what you get is Facebook. I prefer what we have here.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2018
Seems the moderator sees a lot of ugliness around the subject and I appreciate the efforts to keep the page positive. It's a hard subject for a lot of us, and even harder if it's your DD who is affected by this. But it's their page, their rules. 🤷‍♀️

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez