Why can't the trolls be deleted?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
When someone is obviously not adding any benefit to the forum, why can't they be deleted, banned, or whatever!?

When a newby comes to the forum and doesn't know that a troll has replied, they take said advice and believe it. I know when I first started reading here, I thought the posts from a certain troll were good advice because I didn't know any better. Now that I've been around a little while, I know that those posts are usually the most ridiculous posts I've ever read and I know not to believe them. But how many folks read this board that don't know that? Most posters are good about calling them out but sometimes the damage is done. The other negative is when using a google search, those posts sometimes come up, and you know, if it's on the net, it's true. :)

Anyway, this has been bothering me lately. Especially after all of the troll posts over the last month. Sorry I just needed to vent about this.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
When someone is obviously not adding any benefit to the forum, why can't they be deleted, banned, or whatever!?

It's easy to ban/delete a single username. It may even be possible to block an IP address which would prevent any attempt to create an account by that address. If the troll is determined and crafty enough, this can be worked around, too.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
The problem with blocking them is that you don't see the nonsense they post and then when some unsuspecting viewer reads it, they believe it.

This is true of the entire internet. It is up to each reader to educate themselves, not for a site to ban people we might disagree with.

Dec 7, 2011
<===== Ok this person is ignorant to the true definition of a "troll". Somebody want to give it a shot?

If a "troll" is somebody who is at times in dissent to the masses, then crud I WANT to be a troll.

But if a troll is somebody taking opposition just for sport then ya these folks can be troublesome and where/when do ya draw the line with them....?

BUT I would caution any "group" that feels panacea is to rid all that oppose a common position or belief. I would remind them of all the WRONG human outcomes that have happened over the millennia with this approach. I would not want to be part of a group that just had diciples of one way of thinking and ya never heard a challenge.

My 2 cents - stop the witch hunt unless somebody is truly opposing for sport.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
I do not mind disagreements. I think they are very healthy for the forum. But blatant idiocy is not and the one in particular I am writing about consistently posts false info. While it is their beliefs, it's just wrong. Like believing the world is flat. They may believe it with all their heart, but the world is not flat. Most everyone but a 2 yr old knows it.

I'm not sure if they think they are helping the or not. It's hard to tell just from their posts.

And I also believe they are the ones rating the threads with one star. JMHO.

Last edited:

ArkFastpitch

Dont' I know you?
Sep 20, 2013
Some of my posts have been the target of said troll/trolls. Unfortunately I still believe in the right to voice opinion whether its unpopular and contradictive to the general consensus of the masses. Luckily there is enough wisdom that is posted to these boards that it is fairly easy to sort gold from bulls*$t.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdwingnut