What does the corner mean to you

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
I'd be curious to hear more about the ''unhinging.'' ... Is this the action of the wrists, and when does it occur?

"Unhinging" is not a perfect description of what the wrists do when you swing.

If you are familiar with pitching, you will know what IR is by now. I find it very close to the twist of the wrist, except in he opposite direction, when "turning the barrel" ... and then the "serving the Pizza' wrist action, through contact.

My cues are mutating.

I worked on this last night at practice. It went heavy bag, tee , front toss. all the same movements at each station.

miggycontact.jpg start of drill

miggypreturn.jpg twist back to slot

satOrtiz_050513_side-0.00.02.08.jpg rock the u at this point in the sat position, coiled on rear hip.

REVERSE

I will edit video tonight to show what I teach, then you guys can hand me my a%%.

I really should see my counselor first.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
I'll study this more when my mind is fresher, but ... In top photo, around contact, Cabrera's elbow, wrist and barrel can be connected by a straight line (roughly). In the second photo, those points form roughly a 90-degree angle. Getting from that 90 to the 0 is where what we're talking about takes place, right?

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
I'll study this more when my mind is fresher, but ... In top photo, around contact, Cabrera's elbow, wrist and barrel can be connected by a straight line (roughly). In the second photo, those points form roughly a 90-degree angle. Getting from that 90 to the 0 is where what we're talking about takes place, right?

Roughly, yes.

mannypauseatlaggif-M.gif

from the pause from manny's clip

Attachments

• tewkshingegif.jpg
    tewkshingegif.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 146
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
serving the Pizza'

This term i heard in Howards garage a few years ago. I use it. Makes it easy to show the girls the motion. He always keeps it simple to teach.
The big expert hitting guys say radial deviate the wrist....big words to make them sound important.

Just need to say, serve the pizza, same action and the girls like it.

SL

Last edited:

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
serving the Pizza'

This term i heard in Howards garage a few years ago. I use it. Makes it easy to show the girls the motion. He always keeps it simple to teach.
The big expert hitting guys say radial deviate the wrist....big words to make them sound important.

Just need to say, serve the pizza, same action and the girls like it.

SL

"Manager!!!! I need a towel! The waitress just radial deviated a pizza at my family!"

I know....I am a hater for also pointing out yet another error!

Last edited: