31/21 moving to 32/22 or 32/23

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Interesting I wonder why. DD changed from an FNX to an LXT since her college is LXT and she likes the feel of the drop 9 better than the drop 10….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's odd. The FNX was what DeMarini called power balanced, so the center of gravity was towards the end, even on the -10. The LXT is more balanced, even in a -9 weight.

Here's what they say about the -9 LXT.

"Balanced Swing Weight: An easy-swinging profile with a touch of weight targeted toward the end of the barrel, helping all players deliver maximum pop."

It's always about individual feel. Not many girls liked the FNX, hence the reason it was discontinued after only two seasons and replaced with the Whisper, but my daughter loved her original 32-22 FNX.

Dec 16, 2023
Kansas
Interesting I wonder why. DD changed from an FNX to an LXT since her college is LXT and she likes the feel of the drop 9 better than the drop 10….

I don't have a clue my daughter is only 10 so i didn't push real hard. I wonder if the heavier bats have thicker side walls = less pop? or is the extra weight generated with heavier endcaps? I haven't thoroughly looked into it.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I don't have a clue my daughter is only 10 so i didn't push real hard. I wonder if the heavier bats have thicker side walls = less pop? or is the extra weight generated with heavier endcaps? I haven't thoroughly looked into it.
No idea why a coach would say that. Yes, a drop 9 isnt for everybody...but its definitely the RIGHT bat for some. Just to me sounds like
a coach generalizing an answer for all kids. Do i encourage a drop9 at 32...no. But they def can start coming into play at 33/24 for a lot
of girls

Jan 25, 2022
Is she hitting over .400 or gotten a lot taller? I feel like this discussion really doesn't matter otherwise, unless she NEEDS a new bat. If she needs a new bat regardless, I'd pitch to her with a borrowed heavier bat and see how it compares. But if she's still working on being a better hitter, there's no need to buy something. Unless you just like buying gear, which a lot of people do and is better than smoking or gambling.

Aug 5, 2022
That's odd. The FNX was what DeMarini called power balanced, so the center of gravity was towards the end, even on the -10. The LXT is more balanced, even in a -9 weight.

Here's what they say about the -9 LXT.

"Balanced Swing Weight: An easy-swinging profile with a touch of weight targeted toward the end of the barrel, helping all players deliver maximum pop."

It's always about individual feel. Not many girls liked the FNX, hence the reason it was discontinued after only two seasons and replaced with the Whisper, but my daughter loved her original 32-22 FNX.

Yeah she had to switch to something to get used to the Louisville bats before college. She said the drop 10 lxt felt like she was going to throw it out of her hands but likes the drop 9. We never had the opportunity to try a xeno but the team does have a few girls I’ve seen in their broadcasts that swing those so she might like that once she gets there. She used the cf line when she was younger, never liked the ghost at all

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Yeah she had to switch to something to get used to the Louisville bats before college. She said the drop 10 lxt felt like she was going to throw it out of her hands but likes the drop 9. We never had the opportunity to try a xeno but the team does have a few girls I’ve seen in their broadcasts that swing those so she might like that once she gets there. She used the cf line when she was younger, never liked the ghost at all

I can see why, especially coming from a stiff FNX. The Xeno would be much more similar to the FNX than the LXT and cheaper!

Apr 8, 2019
I got a mizuno cbrn1 for ~150. Was a year or so ago but I'm not paying more than 250 for a bat.

I'll edit: there were 32 drop 9 xenos for 190 or about. If your paying 500 for a bat you're made of money.
Where are you buying bats???

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Where are you buying bats???
If in the market for a new bat, my prices are hard to beat as I own a store and keep my prices down
for parents.
You can also find leftover models all around if you are trying to manouver even cheaper. Sometimes I have some laying around...but at my prices I try not to have too many leftover models as I dont make much on new
models to cover to many losses on older models.
Only thing, main sizes are usually tougher to find the longer you wait to jump on a deal. So if you see a leftover deal and you are looking for a 32/22 or 33/23, usually you want to jump on it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414