Video

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Sorry I missed this. I was searching for help on how to upload a gif and found your question! The quad is not mine.

Ii'm eyeballing a Walkera Runner 250
View attachment 9612

an ImmersionRC Vortex
View attachment 9613

or a Hyperion 280
View attachment 9616

Cost adds up with goggles, a transmitter and extra batteries...

For now I play with one of these
View attachment 9614
I bought one of these cheaper models to film some practice or games.... Trying to control that stupid thing was a nightmare. It's not just left, right, up and down.... The biggest problem was not knowing which way was the front. It's always spinning in circles. And don't get me started about the wind! 1 or 2 mph wind and it was game over. Once it got about 30 feet in the air, the wind took over and it was crashing out in centerfield instantly. Point is if your going to get one, get a good one with some weight and size to it, and secondly look for the ones with self leveling features. Otherwise it'll be a frustrating piece of crap.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
I ended up getting the Vortex 285 by Immersion RC for fast/fun flying. It will mount a GoPro or Möbius to record flights, but expect most of my early attempts will result in crashes! Even in the assisted flight modes, it's not a very stable camera platform.

91434(1).jpg

In the hands of a skilled pilot, it can get some good action video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbQkIwW6h30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mn_F9rfN68

For aerial video/photography, my brother and I went in on a Blade Chroma. Especially in the GPS flight modes, flying is incredibly easy. A non-flyer can have it in the air and recording HD in no time. Just get it into position, let go of the sticks and GPS holds it in position so you can focus on the monitor for your recording. Here's a video made with a Chroma: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0SsqQz7l_w

Blade-Chroma-AP-Combo-HD-RTF-inkl-ST-10-Sender-u-C-GO2-HD-Kamera-HH-BLH8665EU_s_0.JPG

Last edited:

javasource

6-4-3 = 2
May 6, 2013
Western NY
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 IV 20.1 MP Digital Still Camera

Anybody own this one? Thinking about getting one... would really like to hear some feedback if so...

javasource

6-4-3 = 2
May 6, 2013
Western NY
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 IV 20.1 MP Digital Still Camera

Anybody own this one? Thinking about getting one... would really like to hear some feedback if so...
Just bought the rx100iv... with any luck I'll post a couple clips after clinic... this camera was expensive... but holy smokes... it's incredible...

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Just bought the rx100iv... with any luck I'll post a couple clips after clinic... this camera was expensive... but holy smokes... it's incredible...
Not even close as the camera you got. But we picked up a Sony DSCHX90V this week on a customer recommendation. Will be testing it this weekend on a LynkSpyder on a fence. As an owner of several pro DSLRs, it is pretty incredible what these little point and shoots can do.

javasource

6-4-3 = 2
May 6, 2013
Western NY
Ok... took a bunch of video today... here's a horseshoe change-up at 960fps. Color-graded it in Premiere Pro and reduced the res to something a bit more youtube friendly... but it's pretty incredible nonetheless.

Special thanks to Miss H....

Highly recommend the Sony Rx100 iv... if you've the money... quite expensive:

Check it out in full screen..... pretty cool!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00