Video

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

javasource

6-4-3 = 2
May 6, 2013
Western NY
What is the distance from the tripod mount to the end of the lens? These sony cameras are becoming quite active in our customer base. If the distance is semi-short, we might modify the size of our standard plate so customers don't have to buy the adapter model.

Josh,

Can't be more than 5/8". Dial caliper is lost in translation... ;) so that's as close as I can give you at the moment.

I ended up getting the entire kit for an extra $20... which comes with 2 or 3 tripod adapters, the underwater case, extra battery, cleaning supplies, case, SD card, etc...

D,

Yep, AC power current and the resulting ballast flicker is a turd. It's easy to get by that with a halogen shop light, though... or for those with a more elegant set-up, with an AC/DC converter. If you elect to use the halogen option, the resulting video is very 'warm'... which you can use a glass or heavy gel filter (just not too close)... which yes, I have done... ;)

Jul 12, 2008
Tuscola, IL
I haven't posted in quite sometime, but since we are talking about video recording I thought I would give my .02 worth, which isn't much. I have been videoing since my DD started pitching many years ago. I have used HD cam corders, DSLR's my old Iphone 4s, Ipad mini, casio $150 camera, etc. But I have to say so far recording with my Iphone 6 and then watching on my ipad through coaches eye is the best yet. It is not quite as good blown up to my computer but it is still very good. Going to try and post a very short video taken last week of my DD throwing into her glove ( I feel this is a great drill for all pitchers) The video is cropped which means it loses some resolution, but still very good. Also those boots she is wearing is something we started long ago. There is no toe protection and it keeps her from dragging heavy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o8VZBZs0UY

javasource

6-4-3 = 2
May 6, 2013
Western NY
I haven't posted in quite sometime, but since we are talking about video recording I thought I would give my .02 worth, which isn't much. I have been videoing since my DD started pitching many years ago. I have used HD cam corders, DSLR's my old Iphone 4s, Ipad mini, casio $150 camera, etc. But I have to say so far recording with my Iphone 6 and then watching on my ipad through coaches eye is the best yet. It is not quite as good blown up to my computer but it is still very good. Going to try and post a very short video taken last week of my DD throwing into her glove ( I feel this is a great drill for all pitchers) The video is cropped which means it loses some resolution, but still very good. Also those boots she is wearing is something we started long ago. There is no toe protection and it keeps her from dragging heavy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o8VZBZs0UY

True dat. The sensor system in the new iPhones is what led me to the Sony. Same technology. "Exmor® R" CMOS Sensor.

Oct 10, 2012
Oklahoma
We got my DD the new iphone 6 for christmas....the camera quality is amazing. The video camera is 240 fps and shows very detailed video even in bad lighting. I have used an app called Ubersense for about a year now and it has done really well for us. Im sure there is a better setup for videoing but i have yet to find anything that rivals the iphone 6.
[video=youtube_share;8jM6XuG97c0]http://youtu.be/8jM6XuG97c0[/video]

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
We got my DD the new iphone 6 for christmas....the camera quality is amazing. The video camera is 240 fps and shows very detailed video even in bad lighting. I have used an app called Ubersense for about a year now and it has done really well for us. Im sure there is a better setup for videoing but i have yet to find anything that rivals the iphone 6.
[video=youtube_share;8jM6XuG97c0]http://youtu.be/8jM6XuG97c0[/video]

Is Lizzy pitching in college yet? I just decided that she is a great model for what a pitcher this age should look like mechanically so I added her to that thread....hope you don't mind.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00