The power of a thank you card

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 9, 2021
We sent letters to college coaches after a couple of recent camps, but I had trouble finding a address for either softball offices or the coach's office. Any suggestions of how to send to a coach when you're not sure how to address it?
XYZ University
c/o Softball Coach
Address
etc.

or

Softball Coach
c/o XYZ University
Address
etc.

Pretty sure both will get there.

Also pretty sure I am not that old, but I'm starting to question that assumption recently. LOL!

Jun 8, 2016
These days the players just tweet out the thank you with a picture and a tag. #bestcampever #riseandgrind #warningtrackpower
DD's coach told them all to do that after a recent team camp. I was like nah, don't do that. Do you tweet out a thank you to your grandmother when she sends you a birthday gift?? To me, a "get off my lawn" kind of guy, stuff like that and posting pictures of yourself after you get mail from teams is a bit too much "look at me" for my liking. I don't think that most kid have that intention(it is more like everybody is doing it and they get FOMO ) but I don't like the visual.

After a recent team camp DD just sent a DM to one of the coaches that follows her thanking her for inviting the team (she will do that plus handwritten thank you notes for individual prospect camps once she starts doing them)

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2013
Texas
DD's coach told them all to do that after a recent team camp. I was like nah, don't do that. Do you tweet out a thank you to your grandmother when she sends you a birthday gift?? To me, a "get off my lawn" kind of guy, stuff like that and posting pictures of yourself after you get mail from teams is a bit too much "look at me" for my liking. I don't think that most kid have that intention(it is more like everybody is doing it and they get FOMO ) but I don't like the visual.

After a recent team camp DD just sent a DM to one of the coaches that follows her thanking her for inviting the team (she will do that plus handwritten thank you notes for individual prospect camps once she starts doing them)
The whole pic posting of receiving mail is a stretch. DD would be posting all the time if she posted all the mail she rec'd. The FOMO is real. Who remembers Dr. Seuss' The Star Bellied Sneetches? Who ends up with all the money?

Nov 18, 2015
Are prospect camps the same as a college camp? I'm assuming there's still registration fees for both? Is it just that a prospect camp is more likely to be invitation only?

Jun 8, 2016
Are prospect camps the same as a college camp? I'm assuming there's still registration fees for both? Is it just that a prospect camp is more likely to be invitation only?
There is a fee (for example a school from TX in the SEC charges $250... ;) ). I don't think (by rule) they can be invite only but there certainly seem to be some which are pretty much hidden to anybody not invited. For example DD got an e-mail for a prospect camp which had this in bold:

"All camps are open on a first-come, first-serve basis to any individual who satisfies the age, grade level and/or gender requirements set forth in the registration materials."

which sounds like something they would write to make sure that nobody can say they are breaking any rules..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414