Travel Ball Organizations Making Big $$

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
SCDad...your DD plays for a great HS program and a great TB program--both of which probably have some "juiced in" coaches. I think are underestimating the benefit of a well-connected coaches.

So his DD plays for a great HS program and great TB program, yet he would have us believe that his daughter was recruited solely based on her TALENT?! I guess everyone is entitled to their version of reality.

Jul 2, 2013
Every time I watch the college World Series, there is a JR player who is making a big difference in the game of which the announcers say "for some reason (hah, I say) ... She was not recruited out of HS". But worked her way up through the D2 ranks and is now a star?

Every year. the same. Why is that?

I know why ... She is poor ... She can BALL ... And she has elevated WAY past the thousands who are privileged with money.

Watch next. I do not know who it will be in the college World Series. But that statement will be made.

The sad part of it is ... The announcers know EXACTLY why ... But never expound on it but the same remark I hear every single year.

Jul 2, 2013
So his DD plays for a great HS program and great TB program, yet he would have us believe that his daughter was recruited solely based on her TALENT?! I guess everyone is entitled to their version of reality.

Sluggers ... DD is respected for her play.

She is not a great player. But the great players know who she is.

Some may be jealous, only because DD has won championships and probably gotten more glory than they have.

That is fine with me. For winning championships becomes a goal. An ultimate ends to a means. The sacrifices we make in order to bring a championship to the non softball folks around us, means more to us.

unless you understand softball at that level ... They deserve to be jealous.

When a family approaches softball only from the aspect of what can we do to win. What does it take. does college recruiting recruiting really matter? Are we separated from that? We'll, personally, yes we are. That is the key.

We have one short season left. We have enough talent to get there. We will only get there if folks like me dedicate all there actions toward that goal. Then we walk off, as has been done numerous times in the past.

Seek college softball as the ultimate goal. Like said before ... I totally respect that and honor all who make it that far. But understand what we do, and why we do it. And at the very least do not disrepect us because our objectives as the outcome for softball are different are different.

Yes ... We live in a high value softball area in our state. It allows us certain freedoms.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Sounds like you take exception to people who work hard and become financially successful. What about the players who are not poor...can BALL...have elevated WAY past the thousands and are privileged with money? Do they never make a difference in the WCWS? How exactly are you able to ascertain the socioeconomic history of these athletes in real time during a live TV broadcast?

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2013
Sounds like you take exception to people who work hard and become financially successful. What about the players who are not poor...can BALL...have elevated WAY past the thousands and are privileged with money? Do they never make a difference in the WCWS? How exactly are you able to ascertain the socioeconomic history of these athletes in real time during a live TV broadcast?

I just get a kick out of the same story for a certain player, who ever that may be, who did not get recruited for whatever reason. Yet is on the biggest stage making a difference.

I can identify with that story. For mine is is not about money. But because her life was different. Who knows.

My moral though is the same. it is not about who you are, nor how much money you have, nor how different you are. If you play softball at a very high level ... The system will find you.

And for those who have all the money. Those who send all the emails, do all the right things? just be careful in thinking you are all that. because there is another player few know about, who may be better than you.

Once you hit the college level ... Your background means little. You can and potentially will lose your spot. So all the advantages your parents taught you to get there may bite you.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
...And for those who have all the money. Those who send all the emails, do all the right things? just be careful in thinking you are all that. because there is another player few know about, who may be better than you....

We finally agree on something! You need to send all the emails and do all the right things because there are those better than you sitting unnoticed just hoping that schools will find them. You need to get noticed first, get the deal and leave the others behind. Just like everything else in life you will be rewarded for your efforts and hard work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles