Tips for switching to a National Team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Might be wrong thread, but I’ll ask anyway. What exactly is the business model for these orgs that expand regionally and nationally? Are they not 501c (or whatever the right term is) non-profit organizations? Are the org heads simply taking a larger salary to “run” the non-profit as the org expands and org fees coming in increase? I assume there must also be a side hustle on uniforms and other merch?

I believe Firecrackers and EC Bullets only sell uniforms through their single vendor, which they own (or make a large chunk of product from). I'm guessing others do the same.

May 13, 2023
Some organizations, even with their returning players, require them to buy different uniforms and practice tees every year.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I believe Firecrackers and EC Bullets only sell uniforms through their single vendor, which they own (or make a large chunk of product from). I'm guessing others do the same.
The Lady Dukes do a Wilson team store for all of their uniforms and swag. You can even get discounted pricing on Wilson bats and gloves. Because they have so many teams, they have all their different uniforms through that site, too.

Lamar must be getting a hell of a kick back from them for all the business he sends them.

Jun 8, 2016
The Lady Dukes do a Wilson team store for all of their uniforms and swag. You can even get discounted pricing on Wilson bats and gloves. Because they have so many teams, they have all their different uniforms through that site, too.
DD's org has that too (with Wilson)..the discount on bats isn't any better than what you can get from upstanding vendors on here..

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
DD's org has that too (with Wilson)..the discount on bats isn't any better than what you can get from upstanding vendors on here..
The discounts are not as good as what you'd get from me, but that's because I like you. They usually charge sales tax and shipping, too. In the end, it's pretty close. With me, you get my charming personality.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
My DD was part of an organization that required new helmets and bags every year as well. I initially thought they were kidding.
That's absurd. I supply a lot of teams with gear, and they only purchase helmets and bags for the new players.

Jun 8, 2016
DD’s team now has 7 (different) usable jersey tops (after the two new ones they are buying this Fall) but will likely only wear 3 or 4 of them because they are not going to make the two new kids they added buy all 7..😂……😒

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles