WCWS trip tips

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 20, 2023
I just booked my hotel for OKC. My daughter is playing in the road to the show (14B)

Any tips?

If I want to buy more tickets than what the team is buying - what’s a legit source? Any tips on choosing games?

It will be her first really big tournament. We’ve only played locally before (but have an out of state next month as well).

She is so excited- so how do I optimize the experience?

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
If you go through the NCAA WCWS website, you can buy tickets direct or through their partnered online resale broker. That will be legit.

It's probably going to be pretty HOT. Make sure you're carrying enough liquids in a decent quality cooler. Most venues in OK don't get upset about coolers, but there are ways around those who do. Get a smaller cooler that you can bury in a wagon or otherwise disguise it. Keep a larger cooler in the car to restock the smaller one. Don't rely on the snack bars for food; bring some decent food choices for your kid. Some fields are better than others when it comes to shading...bring a pop-up and folding chairs and stay out of the sun whenever possible.

Apr 13, 2015
we went twice as a team....sat in the outfield in my opinion was a great place to view the game, went to the Softball hall of fame museum before the games.....lots of activities going on outside the stadium prior to getting into the stadium for the kids. Bring a water bottle or bottled water to refill...usually pretty hot. First 2 days are the best because you get to see all the teams play ...after that it's down to top 3-4 teams, etc. There are lots of tournaments going on in the OKC area for your 10-16 U teams to play in plus see the WCWS....great experience as a kid or adult fan. Enjoy

Oct 4, 2018
Get there early to watch warms ups. Plenty to learn from watching these girls and also better opportunity to get high fives (leaning over the railing).

Bring sunscreen. Bring fluids.

Bricktown is a cool area. Some really nice restaurants and a cool vibe.

Jan 20, 2023
I’m getting excited! Got tickets for Thursday night and the first championship game Wednesday and team is going together on Monday night. Now I need tips on what to do in OKC between Monday and Wednesday!

Oct 4, 2018
I’m getting excited! Got tickets for Thursday night and the first championship game Wednesday and team is going together on Monday night. Now I need tips on what to do in OKC between Monday and Wednesday!

We ate at Cattleman's Steakhouse. Kind of a kitchy cowboy place. Food was good. Try the Lamb Fries (joking, they are testicles. Unless you're in to testicles, which is fine)

mostly played softball and watched WCWS games really. I'm not much help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad