Time for a video analysis

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I'm confused again....
Upper body strong girls, and a few others can swing with a high back elbow and not loose connection.
Most girls loose connection and do not maintain elbow spacing with a high back elbow.
BustosStraightleg_zps492fe305.gif

Your DD is strong enough to use the 'high back elbow' but, you say that other DD's aren't strong enough to use a 'high back elbow'.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Can we keep this focused on helping the OP? Post what you think will help, and let him evaluate what makes sense to him for helping his DD.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Can we keep this focused on helping the OP? Post what you think will help, and let him evaluate what makes sense to him for helping his DD.

Upper body strong girls, and a few others can swing with a high back elbow and not loose connection.
Most girls loose connection and do not maintain elbow spacing with a high back elbow.

Why do people invent connection devices? To Maintain elbow spacing

If your daughter has a high back elbow and miss hits balls, hits too many fly outs,
try a set up with the roof of the house on elbow placement.

Pull a rope to find your strong spot on slotting your elbow for pitch's down the middle.

SL

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Sl

Can you talk about hitting without some Bustos picture? Let's hear what you think. And there u go again with the Rich stuff....it's an exaggeration and he clearly explains this...I guess u just don't understand?

Read my post just above this one or do a search with my name. Read all you want to about hitting.
Here's a link to my daughter hitting
Reverse Hand Swing 2010 02 14 14 00 24 - YouTube

I post my own daughter, not MLB players and golfers

SL

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Sl

Can you talk about hitting without some Bustos picture? Let's hear what you think. And there u go again with the Rich stuff....it's an exaggeration and he clearly explains this...I guess u just don't understand?

Did Rich send you?
Becarefull Salve

SL

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
That's a good swing. Why can't that be her normal swing (without the reverse top hand, though)?

Her swing is better and more controlled now, more fluid.
That video was around 6 years ago. She is a junior/senior in college now. I made that video of her when she was in 10th grade.

Straightleg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dionrod67