Time for a video analysis

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Doug, some of the knocks against BB's video is that she had no stride in the drill. Some have questioned her hand action. Yet others have questioned her front leg action. Some who know BB's journey would know that she was a no strider for a while. Watch the front foot and notice that she turns her front knee inward, shows the bottom of the lead foot to the pitcher and then swings. That was something we worked on from some Pujols video. Some find no benefit to breakdown swings such as this. Finally, some have simply criticized her swing because they know the system she grew up using. Howe, on this site but Chappy on others, was the first to realize that BB had incorporated "tip and rip" into "rock the U" from Donny. While it isn't perfect, she does give conscience thought to doing it.

Sounds like some over-analysis to me. While there are some things in her swing that may be unorthodox (don't often see the bottom of the foot to the pitcher thing...), I think it looks efficient and powerful. I can go either way on the stride thing. In fact Miggy (the gold standard for most people) alters his stride at different times. I have even seen him go to a "no stride" approach in some at bats.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
How does this hitter get from this position:
33nub8j.jpg

To this position of swinging under the rope:
j0a89h.jpg

I would have at least like to have seen the bat path on top of the rope and follow that path. Seems like this would make more sense, if that was/is possible.

Especially given most miss under the ball when they miss

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Let’s try to stay on the topic of hitting.

Regardless of who taught this particular mechanic to this kid, can we agree that the demonstrated wide displacement of the rear elbow from the body, with a near perfectly vertical orientated rear forearm, at what should be the “RVP Connection Point Position”, is wrong and is a hindrance towards developing good swing mechanics?

33nub8j.jpg

If we can't agree that this is wrong, can those that promote this provide video of good hitters swinging this way in games?

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
[video]http://i40.tinypic.com/33nub8j.jpg[/video]

Every time I look at this, it makes me think of TDS talking about using the core to get the barrel on plane with the pitch.

That said, I'm not seeing the animal menagerie

Interesting Eric,
when I look at this clip it makes me think of "clamp the scap and keep pullllling back.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00