Thoughts?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Bleacher Bum

Avid student of the game
Aug 29, 2013
NorCal
ha ha. the best pitches my DD has are when she is super pissed off and tries to take my head off with a pitch. If only we could bottle that.....

Ahh.. that built up aggression. nothing like it. Last year DD got lectured BY AN UMP after trying to take home (not appropriate, in my mind). She was so ticked off she threw harder and more accurately than I had seen in a long time. Next inning in the circle: 3 Ks on probably 11 pitches. Oh, how I wish that I could get her in that state of mind more often.

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
Anger usually results in increased aggression, yes; but also increased body-tension, Ive observed.
Not necessarily a good thing for a pitcher...

Oct 22, 2009
My Dd was one of those that threw much harder when she was angry.
Once in a 14u game she was up to bat with 2 outs and then struck out to end the inning leaving a runner on base.

One of those pet peeve scenarios that she hates and she took that anger to the mound with her, she K'd the side on 9 pitches.

Opposing coach came up to me and told the next time she came up to bat they were walking her.:p

As she got older she had to be kept in check with her frustrations because it would cause her to overthrow and at the higher levels it just isn't good.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Just found out we added a Round Robin this weekend to get some games in.
Hopefully, with practice this week focusing on what happened DD's results in the circle this weekend will be different than last weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meeks