Using resistance bands as part of warm up routine?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 6, 2020
I see baseball players/pitchers use bands often as part of their warm up, but haven't seen many softball players do the same. Could be just where we live and wanted to see if what warm up routine others use and if they use bands as part of it. My daughter seems to take a long time to warm up and will hit her top speeds of the day at the very end of a lesson or towards the 3 or 4th inning of a game. I thought including some work with bands as part of the process might help. Would what I've found for baseball apply well to softball pitchers also?

Jan 22, 2011
I see baseball players/pitchers use bands often as part of their warm up, but haven't seen many softball players do the same. Could be just where we live and wanted to see if what warm up routine others use and if they use bands as part of it. My daughter seems to take a long time to warm up and will hit her top speeds of the day at the very end of a lesson or towards the 3 or 4th inning of a game. I thought including some work with bands as part of the process might help. Would what I've found for baseball apply well to softball pitchers also?

I've seen a few pitchers do it in the past and this spring. Look up Jaeger bands. I'll have to dig for them, but I have Texas Tech's baseballs warmup and warmdown routines somewhere. I'll see if HLT has any free band work videos.

Feb 6, 2020
Thanks, I found and downloaded free Dynamic Warm Up from HLT but missed a few of the links included it looks like. No bands are used from what I can see so far which is surprising since they include one with their weighted ball set. Mostly legs and similar to what she does. I looked up Jaeger bands and what I saw there looks promising. Thanks

Aug 1, 2019
MN
Our HS implemented them as part of warm-up/stretching routine this year. Today coach lamented they must be working because no one has been complaining about sore arms. It's still early.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619