The most appropriate Friday Check in 4-29-16

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
ASA 12U A States this weekend - Tiny field of 15 (40+ last year) with not one Batbusters, Firecrackers, A's, or Angels team to be found. PGF's dominance in So Cal is boldly on display.

DD has been battling an issue with her Achillies tendon since last weekend that has prevented her from doing much more that sitting on a bucket to catch or throw. It's been showing signs of getting a little better over the past 2 days, but she is very doubtful for tomorrow's games. As our team's #1 catcher, not having my DD available hurts us bad, as out other options serve the team much better in their primary positions.

Well...It didn't go as we hoped, but it's not a total surprise. We went 2-2 on Saturday, and got eliminated by the team that made it to the championships (they forced a 2nd championship game). As an 04 team, I'm okay with it. The team that beat us was filled with giants. They might be the largest 12U team we have yet seen.

Maddie played about 1-1/2 games behind the plate before her ankle/tendon issue got to be too much. She was solid in the first game, but the second team we faced noticed her hobbling, and wrecked us with a good short game. Maddie simply couldn't field short bunts quick enough (something that she's usually very good at), and they nibbled away enough to put the game out of reach, despite a valiant attempt by our girls to rally in the bottom of the final inning.

Saturday night, after being at the fields for over 12 hours, and getting home at nearly 10pm, Maddie's tears of frustration and exhaustion flowed..."I don't want to sleep in tomorrow. I want to play softball!" Her heart is definitely in the right place :)

This morning, we took a trip to the Dr. to get her ankle/tendon checked out - no fracture. Sever's Disease with possibly a slight bit of tendinitis. This week will be rest, ice, Advil, and stretching.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2015
This morning, we took a trip to the Dr. to get her ankle/tendon checked out - no fracture. Sever's Disease with possibly a slight bit of tendinitis. This week will be rest, ice, Advil, and stretching.

I'm so sorry. DD has suffered on and off with Severs in both feet. She now wears heel cups in her cleats and that seems to help some. Good luck!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I'm so sorry. DD has suffered on and off with Severs in both feet. She now wears heel cups in her cleats and that seems to help some. Good luck!

Thanks. We just got her some new cleats with gel-padded SuperFeet insoles on Friday night.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma