The most appropriate Friday Check in 4-29-16

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I went to watch the last game of my brothers baseball season today. They missed being able to play in districts by one game. He graduates next year and is committed to playing for E-Town college. Tomorrow, we have no practice. Coach gave us some time off to rest before we start practice on Monday for Districts. We're the number one seed in district play. That starts Tuesday. So we have a day trip planned to go to the National Aquarium in Baltimore and maybe watch an Orioles game if they have a home game tomorrow and it's not rained out. Sunday, I want to work on my swing some more. I'll have to practice from home since the batting cages are closed on Sunday.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
We're playing in an ASA qualifier this weekend. No pool, double elimination. It'll be my kiddo's first one. We've never played a tourney with no pool games. It's mostly 2nd year (10U) A level teams who are much more experienced than our girls, so if we play at all on Sunday I'll be surprised. That is, if the whole thing doesn't get rained out. It's supposed to storm off and on all weekend. But, maybe they'll surprise me. Last weekend they only had one bad game out of 5 all weekend. One of those 2nd year A level teams, we tied. So anything can happen.

Going 2-n-out is an eye opening experience for a lot of teams at ASA qualifiers!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
18U Gold Cup tournament. 3 pool games Sat, single elimination tournament on Sun, weather permitting. Forecast calls for rain.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
At Florida State JUCO tournament at Dodgertown in Vero Beach. Yesterday we saw defending NJCAA National Champion Chipola destroy #1 ranked College of Central Florida 14-2 while watching Jake in circle vs Alabama on the tablet. Don't get much better than this! :)

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
How come I envision you naming your chickens after some DFP regulars? And then yelling at some of them!

Have fun!

Lol!!! "Get the hatchet, taking off RedHot's head today! I'll enjoy this as well as ripping out Greenmonster's giblets."

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
How come I envision you naming your chickens after some DFP regulars? And then yelling at some of them!
I'll keep you posted on whom I cook first.............eggs. Can't eat 'pets'.

Jun 12, 2015
We made it to day 2. Beat an 05 team that's always beaten us before. I expected to have today off but I'm glad we don't. :)

Dec 7, 2011
2nd attempt this spring to see DD in a hoped full weekend of college softball - again only have seen one game due to rain and more wetness coming today.

:mad:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma