The most appropriate Friday Check in 4-29-16

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2015
We're playing in an ASA qualifier this weekend. No pool, double elimination. It'll be my kiddo's first one. We've never played a tourney with no pool games. It's mostly 2nd year (10U) A level teams who are much more experienced than our girls, so if we play at all on Sunday I'll be surprised. That is, if the whole thing doesn't get rained out. It's supposed to storm off and on all weekend. But, maybe they'll surprise me. Last weekend they only had one bad game out of 5 all weekend. One of those 2nd year A level teams, we tied. So anything can happen.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
ASA 12U A States this weekend - Tiny field of 15 (40+ last year) with not one Batbusters, Firecrackers, A's, or Angels team to be found. PGF's dominance in So Cal is boldly on display.

DD has been battling an issue with her Achillies tendon since last weekend that has prevented her from doing much more that sitting on a bucket to catch or throw. It's been showing signs of getting a little better over the past 2 days, but she is very doubtful for tomorrow's games. As our team's #1 catcher, not having my DD available hurts us bad, as out other options serve the team much better in their primary positions.

Dec 27, 2014
ASA 12U A States this weekend - Tiny field of 15 (40+ last year) with not one Batbusters, Firecrackers, A's, or Angels team to be found. PGF's dominance in So Cal is boldly on display.

DD has been battling an issue with her Achillies tendon since last weekend that has prevented her from doing much more that sitting on a bucket to catch or throw. It's been showing signs of getting a little better over the past 2 days, but she is very doubtful for tomorrow's games. As our team's #1 catcher, not having my DD available hurts us bad, as out other options serve the team much better in their primary positions.
Thanks, reminds me I need to get on DD to do her Achilles exercises.

DD has a little league tournament this weekend. Will be very interested to see how many kids show up. The little league team schedules just weekday games to not interfere with the club team. 9 of our 12 LL kids have never played in a tournament so this should be a lot of fun for them, assuming they show up. I am still not sure all the parents understand it is at least 2 games Saturday AND Sunday - lol.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
DD has a conference doubleheader this afternoon. Hopefully her team can put aside the drama, get their mojo back and win these two.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
DD#2 is off. Her 6U team went 2-0 this week and she has gotten 5 hits in a row off coach pitch. She will proudly tell everyone she doesn't need a tee.

DD#1 has a varsity tourney this weekend that starts with pool play tonight.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama

Is she fighting Sever's disease?

We battled it in the fall and it was tough on DD. Our school trainers for volleyball got her lined up on some stretches and band exercises and put insoles to raise her heel slightly in her shoes. It was just about a miracle cure. She was still sore but could function.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Is she fighting Sever's disease?

We battled it in the fall and it was tough on DD. Our school trainers for volleyball got her lined up on some stretches and band exercises and put insoles to raise her heel slightly in her shoes. It was just about a miracle cure. She was still sore but could function.

I don't think so (but I'm not ruling it out completely). I think it's just an Achillies strain that started at school and got aggravated by trying to play through it last weekend. I'm monitoring it closely. We will be visiting a Dr. if thinks don't continue to improve this weekend.

Feb 28, 2015
Heatbox
DD2 playing 14U tourney this weekend. DD1 battling Bells Palsy. She can still yell but only out one side of her mouth. State playoffs start next week for her team.

May 22, 2015
Illinois
If the rain stays away we have a busy weekend. DD is guest playing in a tournament that starts tonight. This team took 11 girls to start the year so that everybody got extra playing time and has had 2 or 3 girls out with injuries every week. Games for her regular travel team got cancelled for the weekend, so it's a good opportunity to get some work in. Pool play tonight and tomorrow and bracket play Sunday. Also on the agenda for tomorrow morning, DS has a two hour soccer practice followed immediately by baseball practice. Tomorrow afternoon I have a little poker game/ game feed to attend with some of my hunting buddies.

Feb 4, 2015
Massachusetts
No games, just practice. And I have six yards of mulch sitting in the driveway. Just a nice weekend working in the yard and one LL baseball game with DS.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma