Take a look at DD ugly Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 17, 2012
I think FR's "vacuum" was more about throwing out cues to kids without the backup of instruction and context to go with it.
In my experience, asking my DD's 10U teammates to apply the Hanson Principle to their swing mechanics gets me a lot of blank stares. ;)
^^^^ Exactly

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I think FR's "vacuum" was more about throwing out cues to kids without the backup of instruction and context to go with it.

In my experience, asking my DD's 10U teammates to apply the Hanson Principle to their swing mechanics gets me a lot of blank stares. ;)

I was thinking more along the lines of the "instructor" applying the Hanson Principle and understanding the cue within the frame work of a high level swing.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
360x279.gif

Bumping to help.
Do you have video without the bucket blocking rearleg?

Jan 24, 2011
RDB,

I don't have any right now. We just did this a couple of days ago to give us a reference point. I will try to get more (But , not today. It is 40 degrees , windy and raining here today :) )

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
9uvpl5.gif

360x279.gif

As I see now your DD is top down. What I mean is your DD 'sways' back to start and loads her shoulders first.
Do you see how Cabrera turns his lead leg in during the beginning of his swing what? T.Williams referred to this as a knee cock.
Have your DD practice starting like Cabrera for 10 min. every night. Get into the same position.9This was suggested by FFS to my DD)
have your DD think about the rearleg being incharge. The rearleg inside rear thigh determines the stride.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
harperrearleg_zps06405e52.gif

See if this clicks?
Posted by swingbuilder on BBD

Are you telling me that Harpers hip is as fast as his rear Leg on that clip?

Are you trying to say that Harpers hip is making his rear leg do what you see it doing?

Are you saying the hip leads the leg?

Are you saying that Harpers hip is firing?

That clip is as good as it gets to see the leg pulling the hip!

360x279.gif

I see your DD rotating her hips to swing. Needs to drive from the ground up.JMHO.

Jan 24, 2011
I would agree with that. She has never used her lower body correctly , when screwed thing up top. I think that is why I really liked the JS material I came across. He starts from the ground up and presents it in a way I think she will understand. Hopefully

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
magicspot.gif

Utley_lowerb.gif

I have placed a wooden wedge behind my DD rear foot. DD would place her rear foot on the wedge and practice driven off of the wedge while hitting off a tee.
images

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I would agree with that. She has never used her lower body correctly , when screwed thing up top. I think that is why I really liked the JS material I came across. He starts from the ground up and presents it in a way I think she will understand. Hopefully

I wasn't trying to steer you away from JS. I just wasn't liking the rearfoot/leg. Look at Utley I wasn't seeing that in the demo. If your DD can get her rearleg to fire like above and get seperation your DD will be the power hitter that she has the built for. Your DD is now getting her 'power' from her arms only. Lets get her to use her legs. Those muscles are bigger.Yes?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oconnell.patrick