Sudden Swing vs Get To Your Spot

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Buck beating the pitch to his position of leverage. Neither the catcher or Buck had an idea where the pitch was going at this point.

hzaMuAW.gif

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Yea, that would have never worked for me. fb would have busted me all day.

It’s the approach. The destination is the off speed but along the way FB can be punished. The old get the foot down early cue comes to mind. I say that bc stride length doesn’t always vary. I think the energy gets delayed upwards if needed. Notice the posture change on the FB. Just something else that’s subtle and plays to what Hank said he did.

1649681186863.gif

1649681217989.gif

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
It’s the approach. The destination is the off speed but along the way FB can be punished. The old get the foot down early cue comes to mind. I say that bc stride length doesn’t always vary. I think the energy gets delayed upwards if needed. Notice the posture change on the FB. Just something else that’s subtle and plays to what Hank said he did.

View attachment 25325

View attachment 25327

If you have a high level pattern you can hit both fb off-speed.. Those that don't attempt to time the pitch they're expecting (cheat). I have seen it numerous times where hitters take fb's rite down the sh!tter, because they were moving out (timing) for the off-speed..

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
If you have a high level pattern you can hit both fb off-speed.. Those that don't attempt to time the pitch they're expecting (cheat). I have seen it numerous times where hitters take fb's rite down the sh!tter, because they were moving out (timing) for the off-speed..

Yeah I get. But either way you get frozen if you dont recognize the pitch. I think Hanks way gives a hitter a bit more time. The other solution can get harder to adjust imo of course. You are definitely gonna slide to get to the off speed more often. Which can hurt your fastball timing, like Riley said. But Whatever works for each hitter they should go with.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Buck, adjusting off the heater because his mechanics (movement pattern) now allow him to hit multiple speeds.

These guys say it. But it’s not what he’s doing. he’s actually moving like Hank Aaron. Small stride, this is exactly what I’m talking about. Move out slow like your gonna get off speed and put the foot down and be quick/short to the heat.

1649695872137.gif

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
These guys say it. But it’s not what he’s doing. he’s actually moving like Hank Aaron. Small stride, this is exactly what I’m talking about. Move out slow like your gonna get off speed and put the foot down and be quick/short to the heat.

View attachment 25328

WW, is this from your experience as a hitter ? Just trying to figure out why you can't see it or believe it.

hzaMuAW.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole