Sudden Swing vs Get To Your Spot

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 26, 2019
I don’t get into a lot of the overly technical talk that you guys like to. I will speak from my own experience as a hitter. I looked for the fastball in my timing and when I saw offspeed tried to keep my hands back. I felt like I stayed on my front side a little longer before firming it up. I don’t know what school of hitting that fits into but it seem to work well for me. I never had any trouble with offspeed.

They looking for offspeed and getting your foot down earlier for the fastball I don’t understand. As someone who has faced low to mid 90s, if you’re not getting geared up to hit that you won’t stand a chance. Heck, I can remember off certain guys that threw hard enough having to pick one location and cheat my hands just to get there.

Jun 8, 2016
I don’t get into a lot of the overly technical talk that you guys like to. I will speak from my own experience as a hitter. I looked for the fastball in my timing and when I saw offspeed tried to keep my hands back. I felt like I stayed on my front side a little longer before firming it up. I don’t know what school of hitting that fits into but it seem to work well for me. I never had any trouble with offspeed.

They looking for offspeed and getting your foot down earlier for the fastball I don’t understand. As someone who has faced low to mid 90s, if you’re not getting geared up to hit that you won’t stand a chance. Heck, I can remember off certain guys that threw hard enough having to pick one location and cheat my hands just to get there.
Like I alluded to in my previous post, you didn’t have Hank Aaron’s parents 😉

Oct 2, 2017
They are shifting to their position of leverage (vulnerable) before pitch recognition.
Ok, so again generally the foot is down ball half way. And most hitters try and see the ball at release. When are you saying they recognizing the pitch?

I get trying to get to their zone if that's the way you want to look at it. I guess the way you are wording it's not making sense to me.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Absolutely false !! It's a dynamic movement. You don't shift then stop and restart.

Nobody said you stop. You’ve exhausted the frontal movement and either have to drag the barrel and Jeter it out front. Or get jammed. Can’t chop at it anymore, no more leverage. This is Trouts issue. Strikes out way too much. The best loaded late, small stride anticipated pulling the fastball aka being quick aka getting the foot down early or sitting for off speed and pulling it up the middle. All bc they didn’t sell out for a full blown swing on a fastball.

This is why new school loves 50/50, inside out and decel. They gotta stop and release the barrel somehow. That’s why strike outs are up and velocity is king right now. Everyone is dragging it.Talked w Eugene Bleeker about this. He still tries to push his narrative though. He won’t admit it. But he tried pushing stats and his status on me. Lol. He knows his guys don’t match. All benchers in the mlb.

If you wanna hit the fastball you gotta be adjustable at the mlb level. Putting all available resources into getting to a fastball is not it. Gotta leave some back.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
As I recall from previous discussions that you were a RCF guy correct?

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Ok, so again generally the foot is down ball half way. And most hitters try and see the ball at release. When are you saying they recognizing the pitch?

I get trying to get to their zone if that's the way you want to look at it. I guess the way you are wording it's not making sense to me.
Ok, my bad poor choice of words "No idea where the pitch is going" They are reading the pitch out of the hand while getting into there position of leverage regardless of where the ball is going.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Nobody said you stop. You’ve exhausted the frontal movement and either have to drag the barrel and Jeter it out front. Or get jammed. Can’t chop at it anymore, no more leverage. This is Trouts issue. Strikes out way too much. The best loaded late, small stride anticipated pulling the fastball aka being quick aka getting the foot down early or sitting for off speed and pulling it up the middle. All bc they didn’t sell out for a full blown swing on a fastball.

This is why new school loves 50/50, inside out and decel. They gotta stop and release the barrel somehow. That’s why strike outs are up and velocity is king right now. Everyone is dragging it.Talked w Eugene Bleeker about this. He still tries to push his narrative though. He won’t admit it. But he tried pushing stats and his status on me. Lol. He knows his guys don’t match. All benchers in the mlb.

If you wanna hit the fastball you gotta be adjustable at the mlb level. Putting all available resources into getting to a fastball is not it. Gotta leave some back.

Sorry WW but I have no idea what you are getting at here. " New school loves 50/50 inside out decel".

What I am referring to gets there on time for the fb while sitting on the off-speed..

Another good example of it here.

IkoBvpk.gif

Oct 2, 2017
Ok, my bad poor choice of words "No idea where the pitch is going" They are reading the pitch out of the hand while getting into there position of leverage regardless of where the ball is going.
Ok, no problem. I get what you are saying now. I think that is just as valid as any other "pattern" that's out there. IMO

Oct 26, 2019

As I recall from previous discussions that you were a RCF guy correct?
I tried to stay middle of the field as much as I could. Left center to right center. I probably went oppo more than most of my teammates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi