Sudden Swing vs Get To Your Spot

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010

He speaks of sliding here. Not controlling or metering in the frontal plane. It creates adjustability issues. Basically can’t deliver the barrel when you want. Late to the fastball.

Yea, he's basically talking about getting into a good hitting position.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Yea, he's basically talking about getting into a good hitting position.

What I took from it was he wants to use his vertical resources more than his frontal, which throws his swing/timing off and creates issues. He was using frontal plane/stride to adjust to off speed. Since has made sure he keeps the frontal movement in check to create a swing he can adjust with.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Yea, I don't disagree with the small amount of hip slide. The key though is she doesn't give anything up because she maintains the rear leg/hip relationship.

She has since changed. It’s more of a vertical adjustment for her now. Able to sit better now. Has a few doubles and a few singles and few loud outs since the change. If she knows the pitcher has a change up she has a better chance of still catching up to the fastball. It’s see it and hit it more now.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
What I took from it was he wants to use his vertical resources more than his frontal, which throws his swing/timing off and creates issues. He was using frontal plane/stride to adjust to off speed. Since has made sure he keeps the frontal movement in check to create a swing he can adjust with.

He was talking about getting into the position before making the second read.

Yes, vertical is sagittal. Trying to keep the load within s-plane should remove/eliminate any slide. This is why the hitting position is so important.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I think you do like Hank says. Look for offspeed bc they can’t throw the fastball by you.
She has since changed. It’s more of a vertical adjustment for her now. Able to sit better now. Has a few doubles and a few singles and few loud outs since the change. If she knows the pitcher has a change up she has a better chance of still catching up to the fastball. It’s see it and hit it more now.

Do you have a more recent clip of the change ?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
He was talking about getting into the position before making the second read.

Yes, vertical is sagittal. Trying to keep the load within s-plane should remove/eliminate any slide. This is why the hitting position is so important.

Yes. But frontal moves can’t be totally eliminated so we minimize as much as possible, correct? So we don’t want to control frontal plane movements we want to meter/minimize right? I think that’s what Riley was saying. Bc at the end of the day you really can’t control them once past a certain point, you’re at the mercy of the pitch and it’s speed.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Yes. But frontal moves can’t be totally eliminated so we minimize as much as possible, correct? So we don’t want to control frontal plane movements we want to meter/minimize right? I think that’s what Riley was saying. Bc at the end of the day you really can’t control them once past a certain point, you’re at the mercy of the pitch and it’s speed.

Yes, the frontal movement happens but try to let it be the result.. No you can control them within the fb/off-speed time frame.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877