Sudden Swing vs Get To Your Spot

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 26, 2019
Like I alluded to in my previous post, you didn’t have Hank Aaron’s parents 😉
I did have a first round draft pick as a father, but he married a shorter girl who sang in the church choir so maybe that’s why my brother and I only played D3.

Jun 8, 2016
I did have a first round draft pick as a father, but he married a shorter girl who sang in the church choir so maybe that’s why my brother and I only played D3.
My Mom used to say that her kids got their athletic ability from her even though nobody on her side of the family played sports. My father would just shake his head..lol.

Oct 26, 2019
My Mom used to say that her kids got their athletic ability from her even though nobody on her side of the family played sports. My father would just shake his head..lol.
Sounds like you got moms confidence!

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Sorry WW but I have no idea what you are getting at here. " New school loves 50/50 inside out decel".

What I am referring to gets there on time for the fb while sitting on the off-speed..

Another good example of it here.

IkoBvpk.gif

The thing is in order to get to the fastball and adjust to the off speed wo getting out front on the front leg too early you must back the ball up in time for the FB so you can be balanced for the off speed at 50/50. You are never out of balance that way. You pull mostly everything but do it from the proper contact points.

The new school or gap to gap guys will tell you they buy time w the inside pitch by delaying the swing and hitting the ball UTM. Although true. You can’t delay the body bc you’re letting it travel while dragging/lagging the barrel, so you’re at a 50/50 for the inside pitch. So where do you hit an outside pitch? A bit more out front? How about an offspeed pitch? A bit bit more out front if you’re lucky, so w that being said there is no way to cover these three zones within the framework of the body balancing time during the sequence. So what becomes ones vulnerable spot? Well since we back up the inside heat something a bit faster will create cheating w this form of approach. High velo. Trout won’t cheat so he Ks instead.

A good oppo approach isn’t about path it’s about time or should be. An inside out swing is ok for guys w no pop. Table setters. Guys like Ted, Barry, Hank, Ortiz, Pujols, Griffey weren’t oppo path guys they were pull path guys. They jumped the fastball and were 50/50 for the rest. They leveraged time. The body adjusted to the task. This only works if you have a short swing not a delayed one.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
The thing is in order to get to the fastball and adjust to the off speed wo getting out front on the front leg too early you must back the ball up in time for the FB so you can be balanced for the off speed at 50/50. You are never out of balance that way. You pull mostly everything but do it from the proper contact points.

The new school or gap to gap guys will tell you they buy time w the inside pitch by delaying the swing and hitting the ball UTM. Although true. You can’t delay the body bc you’re letting it travel while dragging/lagging the barrel, so you’re at a 50/50 for the inside pitch. So where do you hit an outside pitch? A bit more out front? How about an offspeed pitch? A bit bit more out front if you’re lucky, so w that being said there is no way to cover these three zones within the framework of the body balancing time during the sequence. So what becomes ones vulnerable spot? Well since we back up the inside heat something a bit faster will create cheating w this form of approach. High velo. Trout won’t cheat so he Ks instead.

A good oppo approach isn’t about path it’s about time or should be. An inside out swing is ok for guys w no pop. Table setters. Guys like Ted, Barry, Hank, Ortiz, Pujols, Griffey weren’t oppo path guys they were pull path guys. They jumped the fastball and were 50/50 for the rest. They leveraged time. The body adjusted to the task. This only works if you have a short swing not a delayed one.

So, do you think Bonds was fooled on this pitch (that's why he's early) and causes him to sit for the off-speed ?

ZfgRFqF.gif

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
So, do you think Bonds was fooled on this pitch (that's why he's early) and causes him to sit for the off-speed ?

ZfgRFqF.gif

Being how I’ve never seen the full clip in real time I can’t say. But there is nothing to say that he can’t get out 60/40 and get a bit further to hit off speed is there?

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Being how I’ve never seen the full clip in real time I can’t say. But there is nothing to say that he can’t get out 60/40 and get a bit further to hit off speed is there?

WW, I don't know what this means. Are you saying he could have strided longer as long as he was 60/40 ?

I don't see a difference between 60/40, 50/50 as long as the rear leg/hip relationship hasn't been compromised (the engine is the same).

mvZpqjg.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi