Stop Squishing the Bug

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 16, 2010
Nashua, NH
Focus, man. Get off the internet and finish the job so the uniformed masses can benefit!

I'm on it man. Its been a grind! I actually wrote 150 pages over the summer, then tore the whole thing apart and started from scratch. I love the current layout. I'm very excited about getting this done.

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
Practice a proper overhand throw. Squashing the bug is impossible with a solid throwing motion.
Transfer that throwing rear leg and foot movement to the swing of a bug squisher. It's a good start.
Before you tell them try it yourself to get the feel.

P.S. I'll buy that book. I have enjoyed what I have read and seen from Tewks. PM me when you are done.

Jan 13, 2012
I'm on it man. Its been a grind! I actually wrote 150 pages over the summer, then tore the whole thing apart and started from scratch. I love the current layout. I'm very excited about getting this done.

I will buy it when it comes out. I can always use more knowledge.

Feb 16, 2010
Nashua, NH
Are you swinging/teaching it now?

image.jpg

On my iPad so this is what i can do right now. My mom saw this picture and asked if we ever tried to look like Pujols. Never at any point did we say, "try to look like this guy." We tried to develop a process, we tried to develop a pattern, we tried to create the best swing characteristics and the best opportunity to be successful.

The picture is 3 frames from contact. Far left is from October 2010. Middle is a couple weeks ago. Chris is in big league camp with the Twins right now. Playing for Italy in the WBC next month.

When you see a hitter's swing naturally produce a flush line drive through the middle, when the swing creates a routine result that isn't forced, yet is completely under control, it is crazy. Bat speed isn't forced. Being sudden isn't something you force.

Lastly, for the record, choosing to leave a website and not providing video after leaving said website was a choice. A choice to move on. If I wanted that person's opinion, I would have sought it by now.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2010
Nashua, NH
Practice a proper overhand throw. Squashing the bug is impossible with a solid throwing motion.
Transfer that throwing rear leg and foot movement to the swing of a bug squisher. It's a good start.
Before you tell them try it yourself to get the feel.

P.S. I'll buy that book. I have enjoyed what I have read and seen from Tewks. PM me when you are done.

Thanks! I'll keep you posted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207