Specific drills for lowering hands

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My "try it", in this case, was check swings and dry full swings in my office with a small bat. The focus was on trying to feel the "extensor action" being discussed. With the feel of "extensor action" (as I understand it) I also noticed the external rotation in my shoulder. If the external rotation is something that shouldn't be happening, then I will spend more time with it. If it is, then I guess I'm feeling what I'm supposed to.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Are the cardinal grameters synchronized? And will that reduce the soinosoidal repleneration?

OK, I'm out of here, back to the pitching forums for this dummy.

Stick around. There will be a discussion about the synchronization of internal combustion silencer rotational facilitators.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Can you show me where "extensor action" is happening?
Cabrera_FB_highside_sync.gif

Would it be the point at which the tip of the barrel does a little circular loop? I seem to remember a gif someplace that had dots on the tip of the barrel and it showed this loop. I believe someone referred to it as a brief moment of weightlessness for the barrel, if that makes sense.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Would it be the point at which the tip of the barrel does a little circular loop? I seem to remember a gif someplace that had dots on the tip of the barrel and it showed this loop. I believe someone referred to it as a brief moment of weightlessness for the barrel, if that makes sense.

someday I would like to post the gifs I have made of the loop that so many of the best MLB players have pre launch.

this loop is the result I believe of the mechanics of the HLS. things that contribute would be front side scrunch(rock the u) scap pinch and throttle. I think these actions create this barrel tip loop.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
It's simple a good timing move. Most girls flatten the barrel and continue to flatten the barrel to extreme levels as they hold off to time the ball. The best tip the barrel and lower than raise up and around their hands. Look as the hands are raising, the stretch or separation to the rear hip is increasing. The streatch can increase or can be released at anytime. The hands lifting...the barrel floating...all while stretch is increasing. It is the high level swing. It is the difference between the lightning fast 0-100 snap swings and the decent muscled longer slower speed push swings. You all can see it! Look at swing videos and be honest. Does it look like a snap/done? Or does it look just ok and more of a smooth slow long appearance? Is the barrel snaped up to speed behind the girl, or does it look like a flick of the barrel out front? Be honest. Results are great, but video is truth.
We are there right now. Kid not playing for me right now, and results are huge, but video is not telling the same story. Lucky for her, she can pick apart her video and has the same drive for perfection.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
someday I would like to post the gifs I have made of the loop that so many of the best MLB players have pre launch.

this loop is the result I believe of the mechanics of the HLS. things that contribute would be front side scrunch(rock the u) scap pinch and throttle. I think these actions create this barrel tip loop.

Today works ... post away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes