Advice Dropping hands

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2020
My daughter has always had a bit of a problem wanting to drop her hands. I've watched a ton of videos and done a tons of drills. The problem is, she does it correct hitting off a tee or soft toss, but when she gets in a game, she goes right back to dropping. She's been in a major slump and we are mid-season, coming up on some very important games. Is there anything she can do in games to help? She's worked and worked on doing it correctly in practice. Idk if we should just let it go for these upcoming games. The whole thing has her stressed out, and me too.

Aug 20, 2017
Probably a timing issue. Whenever front toss and game swings aren’t a match you have to look at front toss differently. Her swing is probably rushed in games due to that same swing being reinforced in front toss. She needs to be able to swing at pitch release. That means the load, coil, stretch is already accomplished while the pitcher still has the ball. If this occurs she will be waiting on the pitch.

Try this, give her the “Go” command in front toss before tossing the ball. Go means Front foot up and stretch the upper. She does this while you still have the ball. Same as with a live pitcher.

Also, work on getting palm up/palm down as soon as she launches. This will get the knob to woke up sooner and prevent some of the hands dropping

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad