Screwball Video

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
The speed is ridiculous and the form couldn't be worse..

But the movement is there...

2j4dg0p.jpg

BUMP.... wanting to see some of your latest stuff... Did you know we call you a

"the MonsterMaker" :cool:

Seeing (video) that it'll break without much Speed, and only just a step needed was key !!!!

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
ScrewBall Progression K = ^> + ^>> +^ ^>>> + \/

<video width="512" height="288" controls="controls">
<source src="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58923514/Pitching/Timed%20P%26S_HB.mp4" type="video/mp4" />
</video>

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Disappointed with this over all. Background is not dark enough. I got camera set on TV 1000. Happy with being able to see seams spin... cant believe I doesn't show the green tape I used on the ball...just for this... until it hits the baseball :(

SB_spin.gif

Thinking if I can get set up right, I might be able to guess RPS... JMHO

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Isn't this bullet spin?

Not real clear on what everyone else calls it. I call it 12/6... :confused:

I'm seeing that I need to be on the other side to see the tape on the ball. I thought I just wasn't getting anything...until I seen this one that hit the baseball... Next time this side is for Curve, the other side for screw. I was getting up closer to check and see if I could catch seams spinning. Shot at 60fps Tv 1000... sunny day. I was afraid that Tv 2000 would need lightened too much, and I'd lose the seams period...

I'm guess... that hitting the ball showed how it would look coming off the bat...

EP: *Yes ... Yaw & Tumble Bullet Spin
EP: Are good Dr. Friend from Illinois, told me that he thinks its the tape on the ball... a couple years ago :cool:

Last edited:

shaker1

Softball Junkie
Dec 4, 2014
On a bucket
Looks like 2 seamer IR fastball spin. Tape is just out of view. 2 me that what it looks like. Probably wrong&#55357;&#56846;

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Looks like 2 seamer IR fastball spin. Tape is just out of view. 2 me that what it looks like. Probably wrong&#55357;&#56846;

Yep... I was on the wrong side to film a screw @ see tape.... You can see it when it hits the ball. I was just testing to see if I could get seams spinning period with just a 60FPS camera, set @ Tv 1000 in the shade on a super bright sunny day. I'll get a great shot next time..."The Tell of the Tape" :cool:

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Yep.... I thought I wasn't able to record it....until this one out of about 30 recorded pitches ...Hit the ball...I was on the wrong side to film screw. I never realized the tape would be coming @ an angle. I always was thinking straight up like Rise & Drop.... dah

I went back and checked some again... some walbed alittle, and I could see tape. STK can stand that tape up... just like she did the hockey puck when we started out. Very little walbels.

I used green elec. tape. Its a little narrower... thought it would make for a prettier clip.... Just need to get the right angle.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Here is the full clip in 240 fps

I was messing around while warming up one of my kids tonight and nailed Edy’s scrop spin!!! Total accident while playing with rollover feels. I used a split finger grip using the ring and pinky fingers (ring finger pressure.) Can't express how awesome it was to see the tape with a nice scrop spin! (The above clip was original posted by Edy. I can’t throw this pitch consistently enough to get this spin on video.)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez