Getting from 9 o’clock to 12 o’clock ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I'm 99.9999999% sure boys/girls play waterpolo the same way.
Not quite the same. My DD#2 (not softball or basketball player) played water polo. The refs in water polo walk along the side of the pool. So, they have a very limited view of what's going on under the surface.

My DD had to wear two bathing suits during games. Players on the opposing team would try to grab a shoulder strap and pull the bathing suit down.

Mar 29, 2023
If I recall correctly from one of the umpire threads, one of the markers to look for on whether a pitch is replant or not was based on where the arm was when the back foot landed. That seems like it would impact the arm mechanics at least somewhat.

Aug 21, 2008
Not quite the same. My DD#2 (not softball or basketball player) played water polo. The refs in water polo walk along the side of the pool. So, they have a very limited view of what's going on under the surface.

My DD had to wear two bathing suits during games. Players on the opposing team would try to grab a shoulder strap and pull the bathing suit down.
I've been to more than my share of waterpolo games, Yea, waterpolo is brutal. And most of the "action" happens away from the ball. But, aside from the differences in swim suits for men/women, the game is equally vicious. I'm just making a statement that men/women shoot for goals the same in waterpolo, they swim the same, they egg beat the same to stay afloat, etc.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez