Rear Leg Swings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Yes, I know you guys think the front let is pulling out or something and pulling the hips. I just don't know how you can look at that vid and honestly say that.
In a live swing; you can't be sudden, can't be loading until release, focusing on the front leg to create non existant stretch between the hips. Most of you have slomovideoitis.

Jan 7, 2014
Western New York
Yes, I know you guys think the front let is pulling out or something and pulling the hips. I just don't know how you can look at that vid and honestly say that.
In a live swing; you can't be sudden, can't be loading until release, focusing on the front leg to create non existant stretch between the hips. Most of you have slomovideoitis.

RHC...

I mimic d this move in my family room fiddling with this for 15 minutes before posting...

If I stand with ALL my weight on my rear side...dangle my lead (left) leg parallel to home plate and then open 45* degrees to the "pitcher" I feel a stretch...not indifferent to SNF...we're not talking about a live swing...we are talking about a drill...throwing a "live swing" comment at the ULL clip is irrelevant...is ANYONE swinging live like the gal in the clip is showing in a game?

Just keeping it real...CP

Aug 28, 2012
No Tj. Her front leg is dangling, you can imagine all you want, but it is not doing a thing.

Yes it is. Do you not "see" that foot moving away from the camera? Do you not "see" the knee and hip extending? You can say many things about this drill but the front leg "not doing a thing" is not one of them IMO.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
ullhands_zps615df137.gif

Similar.......
2j0kodx.jpg

16732xe.jpg

Swingz

Banned
Mar 5, 2015
Shift and swing IS REAR LEG HITTING!!!! Thanks for the support ding dong!
Sorry to the parents that actually believed this guy puts in the dues to know how to help your kids! 😁

This is the best explanation I have seen in regards to this topic. Excellent!

Swingz

Banned
Mar 5, 2015
Hahaha! You act like an expect, but have not read a single word of either side of the debate on 2 leg vs 1. Dude!!! I don't like calling you out, I really don't, but you don't put any effort into learning anything that is being discussed, then you front to newbs that you are an expert! "Rear leg off ground". You are clueless!!!!!!!! The 2 legged pro folks said there is no weight shift rear to front!!

Absolute knockout ....anyone who knows both side of the one legged vs two legged debate knows that someone just got knocked the **** out with this true statement.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma