Portable speakers blaring at tournaments

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2011
I'm a fan of responsible use of music around the fields and dugouts. Foul, overly suggestive language is inappropriate for any public venue where 6yo's are running around.

As for the "make it rain" thing. While the origins may be unsavory, even detestable, you're not going to get that genie back into the bottle. Teenagers have made it their own. But at least in a softball sense, they're using that phrase to refer to getting the offense going.

Jul 4, 2012
Trying to think back at all the college games we attended this year, and I can't think of one that didn't have music...

Jun 22, 2015
I'm more bothered by the team that brings an air horn. Was annoying when they only used it for home runs, eventually they started doing it whenever their opponent struck out.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Nov 3, 2012
A couple of years ago, I saw a team that had a customized large wagon made with built in speakers, decked out with team logos and had giant team flags waving off it. Between games, the coach would pull the wagon around the park which was carrying the teams gear and had loud music blasting out the speakers. They really stuck out but and some people thought was cool, but in a way its obnoxious.

Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
An interesting twist that I noticed this weekend: advertising. Up until just this year or so, the kids would hook up their ipods with their own, purchased, music. Now they stream music using Spotify or the like. Walking through the complex this weekend, I heard more adds than music.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
Some of you guys really need to relax. Its music. As long as its appropriate and fun, then yea blast it during innings. Make it fun for the girls. Katey Perry, Cindy Lauper, even some Metallica in the mix.

People grip over lame stuff..........

KCM

Mar 8, 2012
South Carolina
We have one but are respectful of sound level. Girls carry it to warm up areas and get to play it on low before game if we have a break. No cussing, no sexual content and has to be a mix of music for all to enjoy.

I guarantee there is some of y'all that will suck the fun right of the party.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619